Possibly a dumb question about purchasing Behind the Fun tour

thistoo

I've tried googling an answer and found some old threads about Behind the Fun, but I haven't found an answer to this question.

My BFF and I are sailing the Legend in April, and my parents will be our neighbors (they invited themselves along and my best friend has the patience of a saint). BFF and I will be spending the night in Tampa and getting to the port early, but my dad's a minister and plans to drive from the Space Coast after the early service on Sunday morning. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was thinking of buying tickets for them to take the Behind the Fun tour as a surprise. I think my dad especially would really enjoy it; he spent most of our last cruise going on about how much he wanted to get a look at the engine room.

So my question is this: Will they let me buy the tour on my S&S for someone else? I can't see why they wouldn't, but it's not like sending a bottle of wine to their room so I wondered if anyone here has ever done this before and knows one way or the other.

Yes they will, but you should know that its a 3-3.5 hour tour with some steep stairs up and down. Also you will NOT see the Engine Room. They take you to the Engine Control Room, you will see all of the computers and such that control the engines, but not the engines themselves.

Yes they will, but you should know that its a 3-3.5 hour tour with some steep stairs up and down. Also you will NOT see the Engine Room. They take you to the Engine Control Room, you will see all of the computers and such that control the engines, but not the engines themselves.

Thanks for the quick answer! They're both pretty active so I think they'll be able to handle the walking. I'd read that you only get to see the engine control room, but I'm pretty sure that would be good enough to satiate my dad's curiosity. As a recreational sailor he'll get a kick out of seeing the bridge, too.

Thanks again!

It can sell out very quickly so I would get onto the ship asap and go right to excursion desk.

Will do, thanks! I purchased FTTF (BFF's first cruise; she wanted the 'total' experience) and we'll get to the port as early as the hotel shuttle can get us there, so it'll be my first stop before purchasing Cheers and heading to our cabin.

I did the same thing to surprise my Son.. I have discovered Carnival will takes anyone's money LOL

you should go as well it is a great tour..

you will need to tell them there names and cabin numbers explain it is a surprise.....part of the package is pictures that will be delivered to there cabin after the tour and I also received choc covered strawberry's...

Have a great Cruise!:)

It's a great tour and I second the opinion that you go to.

We went on our recent cruise. In a bit here(hopefully within the next 24 hours) I will add some info and photos about it to my review titled "Miraculous Miracle".

Very nice of you. One caution. They do not allow open-toed shoes. When I went, they sent some ladies back to their cabins to change. Make sure mom packs some shoes that will be acceptable.

That's really good to know, thank you. I'll pass that along after they get the tickets so I don't ruin the surprise.

Thanks to everyone for the input! I would love to join them, but I have a feeling the friend I'm traveling with won't want to spend the extra $100, and I don't want to abandon her alone for half a sea day on what's supposed to be our vacation. Maybe next time I cruise I'll get the chance to go. One of these days I'll manage to book a trip without *anyone* inviting themselves along, and I can sign up for the tour on my own. :D

I just said in another thread that it was the best excursion I've been on, your parents will love it and you should go too first chance you get. I would suggest sneakers over any type of shoes, there is a ton of walking along with up and down narrow stairs and the tour can last upwards of 4 hours. We spent so much time in the bridge that the 2nd tour group caught up to us.

Also, you can't bring any cell phones or cameras, there's a security guard that goes with you and you get checked with a metal detector before you go.