Casablanca cruise port

glittergal1

Hi I am trying to sort out a private tour from Casablanca to Rabat . Having never sailed with MSC before what happens at the disembarkation ?

We dock at 8am so approx how long does it take to get off the ship and be on your way ?

if anyone has stopped at this port and could give me any advice I would be greatful .

MSC Fantasia docked March 29th casablanca

As I recall it was only a short walk from the pier to the area where all the taxis mob you.

Hi I am trying to sort out a private tour from Casablanca to Rabat . Having never sailed with MSC before what happens at the disembarkation ?

We dock at 8am so approx how long does it take to get off the ship and be on your way ?

if anyone has stopped at this port and could give me any advice I would be greatful .

The ship will arrive early but the given time will be accurate for the start of disembarkation. The ship's tours and other priority guests will be off first. If you want to join the queue you may be waiting 30 mins+. Otherwise, plan on walking straight off an hour after official arrival time.

Casablanca is a large commercial port and it depends where you dock as to how far you have to walk to the entrance. There are two rounds of taxi drivers to deal with. The first are those authorised to drive right up to the ship. These are pricey and want to 'own' you for the day. They are not interested in taking you from A to B. The second are the ordinary public taxis waiting at the gate. These are more desperate and their behaviour correspondingly worse. There should be some police on duty to keep them in order.

The centre of Casablanca is only another 5 minutes walk beyond the port gates.

If you are planning on hiring a taxi, do your research on rates and don't accept any diversions to 'extra attractions' that pay the driver so much for taking you to them.

Best of luck and enjoy!

Tim.

From the Casablanca to Rabat you can take a train from the station Casa Port and take you to Rabat (Rabat Ville) in about 1 hour

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Boulevard+des+Almohades&daddr=Boulevard+Moulay+Abderrahmane%2F%E2%80%AB%D8%B4%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%B9+%D9%85%D9%88%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%8A+%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF+%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%AD%D9%85%D9%86%E2%80%AC%E2%80%8E&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=33.601574,-7.614448&spn=0.009151,0.018582&sll=33.599545,-7.614115&sspn=0.004575,0.009291&geocode=FTHEAAId_ruL_w%3BFR-sAAId89iL_w&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&t=m&z=16

A ticket costs 35 Dh (4,5 $ ) one-way, second class.

You can check the timetable in advance http://www.oncf.ma/PrixEtReservation/Pages/BilletsNormaux.aspx

I hope that helps

Edited by mbeginner

Hi thanks all

I am planning on hiring a private driver and guide for Casablanca and Rabat but they tell me they are not allowed into the port itself we need to meet them outside the port gates so we still need to get from the ship to the port gates I am told a 10-15 minute walk is this correct can you walk? they say a 8.30 pick up to get the first tour of the Mosque at 9am but it sounds very unlikely that we will be off in time for that???????????

We booked a private tour for the 4 of us. We used Memphis Tours and had a driver and a guide for the whole day.

We went to Rabat first, since its far from the ship. We were the first 4 off the ship. We just went down and had to wait about 5 minutes for clearance. Out van was waiting and our guide had my name on a sign. Its not a long walk.

Off we went to Rabat and we were there so early, we toured ruins and had the place to ourselves. We visited and walked around the other points of interest.

Headed back to Casablanca around 11a and had lunch. We made it to the mosque in plenty of time for our 2p tour. Afterwards, we saw other sights in Casablanca and ended the tour shopping

It was the best day of our cruise thanks to Memphis Tours. I highly recommend having a tour booked beforehand. We only have limited hrs. In these ports. They receive excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. Our representative was Mr. Abdo Shawky.