November 2015....

FLASHINGLIGHTS83

I'd look for the dates to be released 15-18 months before you plan to cruise. If you are looking for a 3/4/7 night out of Port Canaveral, those are sometimes released before others because they are the standard cruises and DCL is obligated by a contract to the port to offer them.

I am interested in taking my son and DW on a disney cruise in November 2015 for his 5th birthday. I was wondering if any of the seasoned Disney cruisers know roughly when cruises for that time frame will be released? Thanks for any info on the subject.

I would register with a DCL TA now and they will tell you as soon as there officially released.

I never book through a TA. They may give you an OBC but I like being in control of my own cruise. Many of the Disney TA's only corespond via email. Hate that! I would just continue to check the Disney website every few days to see if the dates have been added.

It's one of those misunderstands and myths that you loose any control, you can do everything you could before plus get on board credits, instead of paying DCL direct you pay the TA that's it, in fact if you use a TA you have more control, as if anything goes wrong they collectively have more clout and get things out right or changed.

There are TAs you can call.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

I never book through a TA. They may give you an OBC but I like being in control of my own cruise. Many of the Disney TA's only corespond via email. Hate that! I would just continue to check the Disney website every few days to see if the dates have been added.

This is not so with an EXCELLENT TA. First, you don't lose control of your resevation. You can still make all your own reservations--spa, Palo, Remy, nursery, excursions, etc. It is true that you make your payment TO DCL but thru your TA.

While there are TAs who only correspond by e-mail and some don't even have a real office (they are a cluster of people of various training and experience working from their blackberries), there are real agencies out there who have 800 phone numbers, excellent service, and still offer an on board credit.

A good agent will take the information about what you want and let you know if/when it comes out. They will let you know a day or two before the new dates are released...at least as far as they know. They will computer track all their reservations so that if there is a fare decrease, they'll grab the lower rate for you.

Not sure where the stories about "losing control" of reservations originated. It is true that you can't speak directly to DCL about YOUR reservation, but you can still call and ask them general questions. The only thing I "lose" is the ability to pay DCL directly. It doesn't bother me to call my TA and say "Pay off my cruise" rather than calling DCL. And it is a tremendous help to have someone on MY side when DCL and I have a dispute.....like the time they double billed me for transfers.

It's one of those misunderstands and myths that you loose any control, you can do everything you could before plus get on board credits, instead of paying DCL direct you pay the TA that's it, in fact if you use a TA you have more control, as if anything goes wrong they collectively have more clout and get things out right or changed.

There are TAs you can call.

Wrong.

You can't change your cabin, your cruise dates, or pretty much anything else directly with DCL, you must go through the TA. Also the docs go to the TA and there are some that don't bother to forward them. Also if there are delays or changes to the itinerary, DCL will tell the agent, not the passenger, and there have been situations where this type of info was never passed along.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

And it is a tremendous help to have someone on MY side when DCL and I have a dispute.....like the time they double billed me for transfers.

That's where I make a single call to DCL to get it resolved, give it three days, and then dispute with my credit card. No need to involve a TA.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Wrong.

You can't change your cabin, your cruise dates, or pretty much anything else directly with DCL, you must go through the TA. Also the docs go to the TA and there are some that don't bother to forward them. Also if there are delays or changes to the itinerary, DCL will tell the agent, not the passenger, and there have been situations where this type of info was never passed along.

Most of this is true--you can't change the reservation in any way without going thru the agent. Changing cabin or cruise dates have financial implications--thus have to go thru the agent.

The agent can specify with DCL whether the documents are to go to them or directly to the guest--mine are always sent from DCL to me directly.

I'm sure there are agent who mess things up (I've used them in the past, but only once each!) There are others who are great. And I've been totally messed up by DCL at least twice with no agent involved.

Bottom line--to each his own. My agent adds value and takes care of all sorts of little things for me--like making Palo reservations for a future cruise when I realized that we'd be on the ship on THE day (and thus have no reliable internet access), doing my airline on line check in for Southwest, etc. These are not huge services, but they did make my life easier. Also, while she didn't get me cheaper international air than I'd found on my own, she did find better connections for the same price. And whether it is because my agent books an incredible amount of DCL or some other reason, it seems that our little requests are always met.

I'll continue to use my agent and get their great service plus onboard credit. I appreciate that you will continue to book thru DCL directly....and we'll both be happy.

To give a possible answer to your original question, when I booked next year's cruise last week on the Fantasy, the next cruise rep told me they expect that cruises for the rest of 2015 will be released "In 6 to 8 weeks" (this was as of last Wednesday).

To give a possible answer to your original question, when I booked next year's cruise last week on the Fantasy, the next cruise rep told me they expect that cruises for the rest of 2015 will be released "In 6 to 8 weeks" (this was as of last Wednesday).

Thank you very much!!! This helps tremendously!! Now...I searched the DCL website last night, and could not find the amount of deposit needed for a 3 person room...can someone inform me of this amount? Its going to be either a 3 day or 4 day bahamas cruise...

Thank you very much!!! This helps tremendously!! Now...I searched the DCL website last night, and could not find the amount of deposit needed for a 3 person room...can someone inform me of this amount? Its going to be either a 3 day or 4 day bahamas cruise...

The deposit is 20% of the cost of the cruise. You could get an idea of what your cost would be by looking at 2014 for approximately the same dates. Your deposit would be fully refundable if you needed to cancel the cruise UP TO THE PENALTY DATE. Penalties start at 74 days before embarkation for Bahamian cruises.

In English--if the cruise costs $2000, the deposit is $400. I just did a "ballpark" look at the web site. November 2014 for 3 people on a 4 night cruise ranged from $1991 (inside cabin) to $10,000 (royal suite). Also, deposits and rules are different in concierge.

Edited by moki'smommy

The deposit is 20% of the cost of the cruise. You could get an idea of what your cost would be by looking at 2014 for approximately the same dates. Your deposit would be fully refundable if you needed to cancel the cruise UP TO THE PENALTY DATE. Penalties start at 74 days before embarkation for Bahamian cruises.

In English--if the cruise costs $2000' date=' the deposit is $400.[/quote']

OK....thank you very much!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I never use TA for cruises either but I do for land based vacations. I have never had a problem with a TA though.