Tour guides for Jet Ski & Stingray City?

Cachecruiser

Hello,

we're planning to do Stingray City in combination with a Jet Ski tour and maybe snorkeling. Any recommendations for tour guides?

Unfortunately the search function is down, so I can't search for it via cruise critic. I found some tour guides via google, e.g. Ebanks Watersports. I'm interested in personal experiences for this or other tour guides.

Thank you in advance. :)

Hello,

we're planning to do Stingray City in combination with a Jet Ski tour and maybe snorkeling. Any recommendations for tour guides?

Unfortunately the search function is down, so I can't search for it via cruise critic. I found some tour guides via google, e.g. Ebanks Watersports. I'm interested in personal experiences for this or other tour guides.

Thank you in advance. :)

We used Island Marketing in St Thomas and they were great. I would assume it would be the same quality here. I know some who used Fat Fish and liked them as well. We will be doing this in Jan 2015 and will probably go with Island Marketing

We are going to GC in March and Island Marketing has availability for our day in port. We would like to spend time at the beach for lunch after the excursion and my question is...would the beach where the jet ski excursion starts from be a good place to spend a couple of hours afterwards? Island Marketing does not indicate what resort they use.

Thank you, Cherie

We book many of our shore excursions through shoretrips dot com. They always use local guides and we've never had anything but wonderful experiences to date.

They have a waverunner stingray/snorkel tour that a friend of mine just did in Dec. and absolutely loved it.

Island Marketing is throughout the Carib and has mostly decent reviews but we've seen bad too in some areas. Just a large company, and we prefer using the smaller, local guides when possible.

We spent 2 weeks on GCM and learned of Fat Fish Adventures from others who visit every year and from the locals. Absolutely the best excursion available on GCM in our opinion and we've done several. Just read the reviews on tripadvisor for more 5-star reviews. Much more personal and a smaller group than the other operators take out. The short drive from town to Prospect where they are based is a nice ride and the driver is very informative.

If you take the earlier tour you'll have 2.5 hrs to enjoy the stingray sandbar, the reef, and a ride through the mangroves on the return - great day that!

Their last trip of the day (at 1PM I think) covers more for the same price if your time in port works. They'll hit the mangroves on the way out then stingray sandbar where you'll have a nice one-on-one personal experience with Frisbee and the other stingrays, then on to Starfish beach followed by a stop at Rum Point and lunch if time allows. Then a stop at the reef just off RP and a return. What a day, and the price is very reasonable.

Enjoy whatever option you choose!

• 2 weeks later...
We are going to GC in March and Island Marketing has availability for our day in port. We would like to spend time at the beach for lunch after the excursion and my question is...would the beach where the jet ski excursion starts from be a good place to spend a couple of hours afterwards? Island Marketing does not indicate what resort they use.

Thank you, Cherie

I did this excursion in GC a few years ago through Island Marketing and have booked it again for this fall. They use the Grand Caymanian Hotel. It is about a 20 minute taxi ride from the port. The beach there is nice and they do allow you to stay and relax on the beach if you prefer. I can't say how food was at the restaurant cause I opted to head back to port after the excursion and have a few drinks/food at a bar closer to the ship.