Royal Princess Aft Balcony

Cruiser-66

Planning to book two side by side cabins on the new Regal Princess. This is a sister ship to the Royal. Has anyone had the aft balcony cabin? I'm wondering how you liked it and if there were any problems with soot. Also how many people can they accommodate? What kind of discount for 3rd and 4th person? Can the balcony dividers be opened?

Planning to book two side by side cabins on the new Regal Princess. This is a sister ship to the Royal. Has anyone had the aft balcony cabin? I'm wondering how you liked it and if there were any problems with soot.

Are you considering aft facing cabins or port/starboard cabins towards the back of the ship? The soot issue is real with the aft facing cabins - we and my DB and SIL experienced in on the Royal in December. We had an Owners Suite and they were in the premium deluxe balcony cabin next door. We would never, ever reserve an aft facing cabin on the Regal until we have actual reports from Regal cruisers that Princess has fixed the problem. I haven't heard of a soot issue with those Royal port/starboard cabins toward the rear of the ship. Other family members were in a starboard aft cabin at the beginning of the 700 cabin series and they had no issue with soot. In fact our balcony curved around the starboard side and that part of the balcony was mostly soot free.