snorkeling

bbiggar

We did the Champagne Reef snorkeling tour in 2003. It was very nice and I would do it again. The water was clear and we saw a few fish and a couple small eels. There is a constant cascade of bubbles from the bottom and the water is somewhat warmer in that area. There also seemed to be a constant hum in the water in the area of the bubbles that sounded like a small boat motor running. There is an abundance of coral and sponges in the area as well. I would like to scuba dive this site on our next visit.

'89 Commodore/Caribe I
'92 NCL/Westward
'96 NCL/Seaward
'99 RCI/Rhapsody Of The Seas
'00 RCI/Legend Of The Seas
'01 Princess/Ocean Princess
'02 RCI/Vision Of The Seas
'03 Princess/Sea Princess
'03 Princess/Sea Princess

TAHITIAN PRINCESS 02/11/05

I have a stupid question.. can you go to Champagne Reef by yourself or is it only with a tour? I just want to know if I would have to book something, or if I could do it on my own. Thanks! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Carnival Destiny - May 16th through May 23rd

Hooray!!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

• 4 months later...
Yes, you can get to champange beach by yourself. The people of Dominica are very friendly and a cab will get you to the beach...BUT BEWARE...the beach is full of rocks and not just little ones. My husband & I were in Dominica for two weeks and we were snorkeling in that area when he got sea sick. We went to the beach to rest and almost killed ourselves. The rocks combined with the waves which were small, but enough to keep off balance, we ended with some nasty bruises. See if you can find a charter boat to take you to this area. I know there are several companies that do it but unfortuneately, I can't remember their names. Good luck in finding one of this companies. The area should not be missed it is an interesting experience.

Archived