Comments on New Menu

oshunreef

We just got off the Carnival Liberty and had a wonderful time with 10 of my family at a table. Just a few comments about the menu and dining. The 3 staff members that we had waiting on us worked very hard and probably have one of the hardest jobs. The dinner seemed to take us 2 hours each night, which was not their fault; but ours and the menu. There is a choice of appetizers for table. Each night we ordered at least 2 for the table, but then, each person seemed to order 1 or 2 appetizers. This seemed to take so long and by the time our entrée came I was too full. Also, you could pick sides, which came separately from the entrée plate; so there were many plates on the table.

I know that Carnival is trying to give the customer more options, but honestly we all seemed to order more than we could eat. This was the most I ate on a cruise and the longest I sat at a dining tables. The food was very good in my opinion. Kudos to our wait staff for putting up with us. :eek:

We just got back from a week on the Glory and to tell you the truth the new menu and service was not all that great... we sailed on the Victory last year and the food and service was OUTSTANDING.....so of course we thought this year it would be the same....it wasn't......even the buffet was not very good...in my opinion....we are not picky eaters by any means but by the end of the cruise I was wishing I knew what was on the menu before we even trekked down to the dining room because between the service which was bad and the food ....well just say it was ok....I would have been more satified with a Guy's Burger a few nights..On the other hand...the elegant nights were fantastic.....the lobster and prime rib were perfect......one of the nights..we both ordered steak.....it was tendons and fat...I ate what I could but my husband was able to grab a server and order Another choice for dinner....which never came.....He left the table to gamble!!!! The wait staff that we had was confused bewildered over taxed, arguing amongst themselves...I don't know ....but there was a WORLD of difference between last and this year....we are planning on another cruise next year and am hoping they get whatever is wrong fixed by then.....maybe it was just an off week......we cruise for the fun and ports and food isn't the main reason (it helps!!!) but we just really noticed a difference from one year to the next.......am really wondering how others feel on this......was just getting ready to post a thread when I saw this one... am curious about others experiences.......!!!!

We just got off the Carnival Liberty and had a wonderful time with 10 of my family at a table. Just a few comments about the menu and dining. The 3 staff members that we had waiting on us worked very hard and probably have one of the hardest jobs. The dinner seemed to take us 2 hours each night, which was not their fault; but ours and the menu. There is a choice of appetizers for table. Each night we ordered at least 2 for the table, but then, each person seemed to order 1 or 2 appetizers. This seemed to take so long and by the time our entrée came I was too full. Also, you could pick sides, which came separately from the entrée plate; so there were many plates on the table.

I know that Carnival is trying to give the customer more options, but honestly we all seemed to order more than we could eat. This was the most I ate on a cruise and the longest I sat at a dining tables. The food was very good in my opinion. Kudos to our wait staff for putting up with us. :eek:

We were also on Liberty from 1/18 - 2/1 (B2B). The new menus started on 1/11.

We always found something we liked and it was nice that you got to choose your own sides. Even though mashed potatoes were not on the menu every night, my SO was able to order them.

The main reason I was not thrilled with the new menu was because they eliminated the cold soups and creme brulee.

By the way, we did have tablecloths on the tables every night because the tables were not replaced with the new ones.

We sailed the Glory Jan 26. We loved the new menu. Our wait staff was excellent. The food was served fast and hot. About 1 1/2 eating time. We have cruised before with a group of 10 and it did take us longer. More people more time, it just takes more work. We had great steaks, chicken, aps. The whole thing was great. The one thing we didn't like was the size of the menu. It is huge and hard to hold onto. That is the only complaint we had. They do hang the menu outside the dinning room each day. We would check it in the afternoon. Couldn't wait to try the selections on that nights menu. So you can find out what is being served each day to decide if you want to go to the buffet or not. Personally we don't eat at the buffet. We go on cruises to be pampered and waited on. Not our idea of a fun time standing in line at the buffet. Not to mention the germs! Yuck!! I have witnessed too many children not being watched and using fingers or eating off of serving spoons. Anyway give the new menu a try. Expect it to be different and go from there. Make your own decisions don't go by what you read on here. If you don't find anything you like on the menu they will bring you something from the grill, hamburger, chicken sand. etc. All you have to do is ask. The worst they could say is No.

Sorry to hear others have had a bad experience. Ours was great. So like I said. Give it a try and form your own opinion.

I'm leaving in 6 days will be doing a whole week food review with pics from LIberty, just fyi.

Enjoy your cruise. I'm so envious.

Please include lot's of pic's. :p

I'm so sick and tired of snow that all I can do is read about the food on Liberty for our cruise next year. :p

Help's me plan dinner's at home. :p

Happy Sails.

Enjoy your cruise. I'm so envious.

Please include lot's of pic's. :p

I'm so sick and tired of snow that all I can do is read about the food on Liberty for our cruise next year. :p

Help's me plan dinner's at home. :p

Happy Sails.

Sick of snow too....down in the Detroit area

...6 inches tonight......

The flatbread was ordered each night for our table. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. My husband enjoyed the flat iron steak with the roasted 1/2 garlic clove. Stuffed mushrooms were yummy. Sorry that I didn't take any photos of the menus...just a few pictures of the meals.