My wife has booked the Dream for our 25th, should I be nervous?

Much to my surprise, my wife has booked the Dream for our 25th wedding anniversary going to the Caribbean, should I be nervous? this is our first holiday in 4 years and first time on a cruise, I started to read up on this ship and to be honest I'm in two minds to cancel it! there seem to be a load of negative reports on here and TripAdvisor are they OTT, or should I try and cancel ang for a different cruise line, we are due to leave on March the 26th or some where around that date, the holiday is costing us a lot of money, I just want to make sure we enjoy our selves.

Thanks

Mark

Much to my surprise, my wife has booked the Dream for our 25th wedding anniversary going to the Caribbean, should I be nervous? this is our first holiday in 4 years and first time on a cruise, I started to read up on this ship and to be honest I'm in two minds to cancel it! there seem to be a load of negative reports on here and TripAdvisor are they OTT, or should I try and cancel ang for a different cruise line, we are due to leave on March the 26th or some where around that date, the holiday is costing us a lot of money, I just want to make sure we enjoy our selves.

Thanks

Mark

Reviews are very subjective - what suits one person may not suit another. Remember that far more people write reviews when they have not enjoyed something than bother to write when they have had a wonderful time.

Some of the seemingly negative posts from regulars on this forum are actually just saying that things have slipped a little from what they are used to rather than saying that things are bad.

We first went on the Dream 18 months ago for our Silver Wedding - and we had the most wonderful time. We went back on her in October and have already booked for November this year.

Go with an open mind - don' t expect one of the glitzy floating shopping malls the Dream is a more traditional older style ship - and you will be very pleasantly surprised.

Have a wonderful time and congratulations on your anniversary.

Welcome to the forum Mark. Dont be nervous, you will love it! We went on our first cruise in january on the dream in the caribbean and had a fantastic time! Everyone has different views on what they want from a holiday, but go with an open mind, dont go expecting things to be wrong. We are hooked and are going on a canaries cruise in april.

Have a read through the different threads on the forum to get an idea of what to expect, and start feeling excited!

Welcome to the forum Mark. Dont be nervous, you will love it! We went on our first cruise in january on the dream in the caribbean and had a fantastic time! Everyone has different views on what they want from a holiday, but go with an open mind, dont go expecting things to be wrong. We are hooked and are going on a canaries cruise in april.

Have a read through the different threads on the forum to get an idea of what to expect, and start feeling excited!

Sorry to use your quote, but I can only post if I go on with a quote.

Mark, we had our first cruise in January 2013, and it was on the Dream in the Caribbean. Loved the ship and the islands so much when we got home we booked her again for January 2014. We are now booked back in January 2015. Your biggest worry should be getting hooked on cruising like the rest of us. As has been said, go with an open mind and enjoy yourself.

Hi Mark ,go and enjoy your Caribbean cruise on Dream it will be a very good introduction to cruising and I'm sure you will love the Caribbean.Thomson ships are not big and glitzy but clean comfortable friendly and excellent entertainment a Caribbean cruise is a fabulous Silver Wedding anniversary getaway ,so enjoy .:)

Hi Mark,

Our first cruise was Caribbean with Princess. Absolutely fabulous. We have since been on Dream and Celebration and love all the ships but for different reasons. You will be fine on the Dream, the cabins aren't as plush as some of the other cruise lines but then we are hardly in our cabin. Dream is a very friendly ship with great entertainment and the Caribbean is lovely. You will really enjoy your cruise.:)

Thanks

Mark

Mark,

Prior to our first cruise on the Dream the reviews were horrendous and was at the time of all the problems the Dream was having sewage spills etc etc etc(see the thread compensation)We went and had a brill time and have been a further twice on the Dream..Go with an open mind,if its crap dont come back here and quote my post :D

Hi Mark I have just posted a reply to someone with the same concerns as you. I have returned this morning from The Dream.

We had a fab week and everything was fine. Think Thomsons must have reacted to the complaints because there were no issues or complaints as far as I now from the other passengers.

Food was good. plenty of staff in the bar areas and cabins were spotless.

Will post a full review later this week

Thanks

Mark

Just returned from 2 weeks on the Dream had a great cruise, food better than last year, ports of call great, staff, as always brilliant! Enjoy!

Hi Mark You go and make your own mind up on it Yes there does seem to be a lot of negative reviews and I think may be corners are being cut but reading reports on other lines I think a lot of them are doing it. People are very quick to complain but nit so fast to give praise. We have been on the Dream 6 times since Thomsons got her in 2010 . The last being last Sept for our 25th wedding . and we had a fab time The ship is older than a lot of the big lines but it looks like a ship as some of the bigger ones look like a block of flats It only holds 1500 approx passengers so the staff remember you and will give you excellent service. I think you have look at reviews and remember everyone person is different so what pleases one another does not like. Hope this makes a little sense to you . By the way we have booked trip number 7 for next New Year

Like you I am getting nervous about some of the revievs on dream it's right most people only write when they have not

enjoyed themselves we are on a carribean cruise for our anniversary .we went on majesty in September and we loved every moment of it and we booked dream on the strength of that cruise so go with an open mind and I am sure it will be fine

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi marks I think we are on the same cruise 23rd March sari bean on dream it is our 55th wedding anniversary on the 30th march I am sure you will love it and were better than the carribean see you there 3 weeks on Sunday

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app