Music on Navigator...

sc71

Quick question for those who have sailed on the Navigator - is the music mostly country and western? I was reading the royal caribbean blog posts from the gentlemen on this past week's sailing and he stated that the music and music trivia were all country western. I had not thought about this and wondering if that is standard or dependent on the sailing. Would early July sailings be the same?

Any information would be appreciated.

Edited by sc71
mentioned site blocked out

I read that on the blog too!!!

I'm not trying to downplay anyone's musical preferences but country western is just about my least favorite genre. I do very much hope my experience on the navigator won't be affected by this. I know its in Texas and all but some of us are trying to get away from the states and I was hoping for a more "neutral" ship experience.

What what I've reaserched via the Compasses etc., there is a variety including latin, carribean, classic rock, some r&b, and big band music for examples, somewhare on that ship at various times in addition to country. I just hope we don't get blasted with a lot of foul-mouth, thug, hip-hop. Seeing how's there is a lot of kids on board, I doubt they will sink that low. No problem with some hip-hop as long as it's hafeway clean. I would presume its mostly in the teen areas during their times.

I read that on the blog too!!!

I'm not trying to downplay anyone's musical preferences but country western is just about my least favorite genre. I do very much hope my experience on the navigator won't be affected by this. I know its in Texas and all but some of us are trying to get away from the states and I was hoping for a more "neutral" ship experience.

Spartacus,

I am on the March2 sailing with you. Unfortunately my DH is in that 50's crowd you were talking about on the roll call...I am 49 and holding as of this year...:D but we both love all kinds of music. Everything from old rock and roll to the new stuff. George Strait is from TX but so is ZZ Top!! In my book age is just a number...it's the mind that matters:cool:! I am pretty sure we could request any songs we want from the bands or DJ so don't hesitate to ask. Our cruise will be what we make it so let's go have a great time! See you on 3/2!

I was on the cruise post dry-dock and there was more than just country. It all depended on where you were at what time of day it was.

There was a lovely group, Caribbean something or other, that played on the Promenade daily. Very wide range of music.

I'd take a gander that Phil Anderson will have the smallest range of music to play with, but I only saw him during the Welcome Show on the first night.

And the 70s Disco Party was a blast.

I never felt like country music was the majority.

Generally, the "house band" is able to play a wide range of music styles...from country, to rock and roll, R&B, etc.... They tend to play what the folks onboard are enjoying.

Agree. Also IMHO the Navigator of the Seas has one of the best Orchestra's at sea. Steven (trumpet) did a wonderful show one night in Studio B singing Sinatra songs. I didn't notice any more C&W on the TA or on the New Year's cruise.

There is lots of variety and a great piano bar with Phil Anderson

Spartacus,

I am on the March2 sailing with you. Unfortunately my DH is in that 50's crowd you were talking about on the roll call...I am 49 and holding as of this year...:D but we both love all kinds of music. Everything from old rock and roll to the new stuff. George Strait is from TX but so is ZZ Top!! In my book age is just a number...it's the mind that matters:cool:! I am pretty sure we could request any songs we want from the bands or DJ so don't hesitate to ask. Our cruise will be what we make it so let's go have a great time! See you on 3/2!

Its not an age thing I swear!!! Haha, we will definitely have a blast. See you in a few weeks :)

We were on the first sailing out of dry dock. I was worried about being inundated with country as well due to something I had read on the boards. I don't remember hearing country that often but dang.... Red Red Wine is still going through my head. I must have heard that song at least 4 times...lol

The only time that we have sailed RCI out of Galveston was March 21st of 2010 . We thought the music was some of the best we had ever heard on a RCI ship. There was a band from Houston that was awesome, and we started calling the lead singer Donna Summer because she reminded us of her and she was that good!

Does anyone else remember her and that band, and are they still working with RCI?

Thank you all, everyone is so helpful, always, and it is very much appreciated. Driving from Ontario to take this much anticipated cruise! Long drive yes, but looking forward to seeing Texas and the NOS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums