Wine menu from the Armonia - Feb 2014

Skipper Tim

Courtesy of CC member northerncomfort16. Many thanks!

WineMenuArmonia.jpg

I recognise a lot of those ones especially those on the left hand side.

I'm slithering about cancelling my allegrissimo and going back to decent red off of the wine list. Then again, I can maybe get my money's worth in cocktails, soft drinks and coffees to get my €23 worth each day.

Ah well Amo, what you need is a mother to tell you. I was slithering too but have been told quite firmly by mine to stick with Allegrissimo on the basis that the wine is passable and there is so much more to enjoy on Allegrissimo.

She is right and it is so hard to argue with one's mother especially when she is right.

I may just sneek in an order of a bottle of Amarone one night.

Tim

So can you take yor bottle...or do these have to stay in the MDR?

You can always take your bottle. The staff only get concerned about their glasses being removed. If you ever do remove a glass, it will be much appreciated if you return it from the bar from which it came.

Well then, wine in my cabin problem solved. I've been known just to pack my own glasses so that the room steward doesn't take them. I can do this with cheap ones and just leave them on the ship so I don't have to have them the rest of our 10 day post cruise trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah well Amo, what you need is a mother to tell you. I was slithering too but have been told quite firmly by mine to stick with Allegrissimo on the basis that the wine is passable and there is so much more to enjoy on Allegrissimo.

She is right and it is so hard to argue with one's mother especially when she is right.

I may just sneek in an order of a bottle of Amarone one night.

Tim

Definitely not consulting my mother, she'd have me on water and diet coke!

Still have Allegrissimo booked.

You will have me as your shadow if the Amarone is around. Love it! Then there is the whole theatre of it as well, when the sommelier makes a big deal of opening it for you and gives you a lovely big glass for it too.

Definitely not consulting my mother, she'd have me on water and diet coke!

Still have Allegrissimo booked.

You will have me as your shadow if the Amarone is around. Love it! Then there is the whole theatre of it as well, when the sommelier makes a big deal of opening it for you and gives you a lovely big glass for it too.

You are certainly not talking me out of it. Shall we agree to share a bottle of Amarone? Oh I realise it will have to be two because of accounting. Twice as good. We will have sit together at least twice. We cannot rely on others appreciating Amarone as we do.

What to wear?

:) T.

You are certainly not talking me out of it. Shall we agree to share a bottle of Amarone? Oh I realise it will have to be two because of accounting. Twice as good. We will have sit together at least twice. We cannot rely on others appreciating Amarone as we do.

What to wear?

:) T.

Perhaps it can be our gala dinner treat to is?

As for what to wear, hmmm diet is not going well - the kaftan is still a possibility! Only have one out of 5 long frocks that currently fits :( have a few more cocktail dresses that will still do.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm really glad to see that you are dealing with the really important bits :)

Which wine to drink, what to wear and with whom to sit with are the most important aspects of life let alone a cruise! No smiley required, this is serious.

Edited by Skipper Tim

Which wine to drink, what to wear and with whom to sit with are the most important aspects of life let alone a cruise! No smiley required, this is serious.

Oh, I entirely agree! The tricky bit is when I invariably end up with far too many clothes to fit in my suitcases and have to engage in the harrowing process of whittling them down to the ones which I cannot do without.

And then there's shoes; I am currently in love with some laser cut suede stilettos by Rachel Zoe, but even I have to admit that a 12cm heel may not be entirely practical at sea. Particularly if you take the wine into consideration...

Oh, I entirely agree! The tricky bit is when I invariably end up with far too many clothes to fit in my suitcases and have to engage in the harrowing process of whittling them down to the ones which I cannot do without.

And then there's shoes; I am currently in love with some laser cut suede stilettos by Rachel Zoe, but even I have to admit that a 12cm heel may not be entirely practical at sea. Particularly if you take the wine into consideration...

A follow up as, due to an unscheduled and competely unprovoked assault from a kettle full of boiling water, which proves without a shadow of a doubt that Tea is a proufoundly dangerous drug, I may have to abandon ship before I even embark on it. I have another appointment in the trauma clinic on Monday, and there is an, admittedly slim, chance that I will make my cruise, though it would play havoc with my snorkelling.plans.

I am sure you will all have perceived the moral of this story; if you have to drink something which can ruin your life, ot at least screw it up, do it on something you will enjoy, like alcohol...

A follow up as, due to an unscheduled and competely unprovoked assault from a kettle full of boiling water, which proves without a shadow of a doubt that Tea is a proufoundly dangerous drug, I may have to abandon ship before I even embark on it. I have another appointment in the trauma clinic on Monday, and there is an, admittedly slim, chance that I will make my cruise, though it would play havoc with my snorkelling.plans.

I am sure you will all have perceived the moral of this story; if you have to drink something which can ruin your life, ot at least screw it up, do it on something you will enjoy, like alcohol...

Very sorry to hear that Willow. I wish you a speedy recovery and a lovely glass or two of wine.

Tim

Very sorry to hear that Willow. I wish you a speedy recovery and a lovely glass or two of wine.

Tim

Thank you! I haven't felt this irritated about matters nautical since the time we sprang a leak off Blakeney Point and they called out the lifeboat, though possibly the unfortunate incident in Lamlash bay with a skipper who had apparently suddenly developed an overwhelming urge to visit Ireland comes reasonably close.:D

Thank you! I haven't felt this irritated about matters nautical since the time we sprang a leak off Blakeney Point and they called out the lifeboat, though possibly the unfortunate incident in Lamlash bay with a skipper who had apparently suddenly developed an overwhelming urge to visit Ireland comes reasonably close.:D

Now there's a tale I'd like to hear in full over a glass or 3 of the red stuff.

Seriously though, so sorry to hear of your run in with the kettle. Hope you recover soon and can make your cruise.