Drinks with a kick

Sunshine3214

Hi all! Leaving on Sunshine in less than two weeks. I want to get my drink on lol. I am looking for possibly frozen drinks but want something with a kick to it. Love the DOD's but find it is usually just fruity with not a lot of alcohol in it. Any suggestions on a drink that gives you a good "buzz"? Don't mean to sound like a lush, just want a good tasting "strong" drink. Maybe I can get an extra shot in a drink to get what I'm looking for?

THanks in advance for any suggestions!

I agree, the DoDs are really tame, almost like those frozen drink packages you can buy at the grocery store, jmo.

I ordered some of mine with a 'floater' which is pretty much a 1/2 shot of rum or whatever on top of the frozen drink - costs a buck or two extra (I forget) but was worth it.

Loved the Oakheart spiced rum on top of my Mango Magic. :)

Edited to add: I was on Sunshine on the 1/26 sailing and LOVED it! Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by PresDuLac

We used to get double shots in our drinks, but it gets expensive - around 12 bucks for a double vodka and tonic for example. This trip we are using the Cheers program so we can order those long island ice teas or martinis to get started :-)

I second the Long island ice teas. Our bartender told us it was the most potent

out of all the cocktails and boy can you taste it.

I had two and some beers and was dancing the time warp in the atrium.

Although I always say if you want a strong drink the only way is on the rocks or straight up. :)

Long Islands were good.....I had a free drink coupon you could only use at breakfast lunch or brunch.....so at the Seaday brunch had the worst watered down Bloody Mary ever...thank goodness it was free!!! My friends both liked the Miami Vice frozen concoction....

Long Island Iced Teas are my drink of choice especially when doing the Cheers program. I feel like I am getting my monies worth. I have had comments from bartenders several times saying "You sure like Long Island Iced Teas, don't you". :D:D:D

Thank you so much for the replies. Looks like Long Island Iced Teas might just be my cruise drink! But I will have to try a drink with a floater too, sounds good. Seems like a lot to choose from so I'm sure I will be ok :) can't wait to try them all! I love Cruise Critic...don't know how I could cruise without it! Thanks!

I second the Long island ice teas. Our bartender told us it was the most potent

out of all the cocktails and boy can you taste it.

I had two and some beers and was dancing the time warp in the atrium.

Although I always say if you want a strong drink the only way is on the rocks or straight up. :)

Lol. I would have loved to see that dance. ;-)

Martinis are the best bang for your buck onboard if that's what you're looking for. For 8.95 you get what's basically 5 oz of mostly alcohol. Alchemy Bar is a great spot for craft cocktails but watch out after a couple of them - they will sneak up on you!

Hi all! Leaving on Sunshine in less than two weeks. I want to get my drink on lol. I am looking for possibly frozen drinks but want something with a kick to it. Love the DOD's but find it is usually just fruity with not a lot of alcohol in it. Any suggestions on a drink that gives you a good "buzz"? Don't mean to sound like a lush, just want a good tasting "strong" drink. Maybe I can get an extra shot in a drink to get what I'm looking for?

This is why I like making my own.

Four words... Long Island Iced Tea.