Drinks with a kick

Sunshine3214

If you want to try something different but like the Long Island Theory, try a Long Beach (cranberry and Sprite instead of coke) or and Adios MF (Blue Curacao and Sprite instead of coke and triple sec) Note: a TRUE Adios has twice the alcohol but almost no place will make it that way because it is honestly irresponsible

With that in mind, you can ask for a modification of a Long Island with anything they have at the bar, if you really like pineapple juice and they have it, you can do that and sprite instead of the coke....just ask! Have fun experimenting ;)

Black Russian, or white if they have milk. The perfect after dinner drink.:p

Next cruise, getting the cheers program and plan on trying Long Islands and Martini's.

Echoing Black Russians. I always ask them to make it 2 parts vodka and one part Kahlua. I drink two of those and I have the perfect buzz.

Glass of bourbon with an ice cube.

"Glass of bourbon with an ice cube" and "Just a splash"...my dear grandmother's drink..she was skinny, tiny, never a weight problem lived to 97.5 and I can hear her order it and learned to enjoy it with her..best memories..nice to enjoy a bourbon because it is simple too. Her one drink a night was nearly 2 and when we got to bring her hme from hospital for last Christmas she never let that drink out of her hand..we should have snuck it in the last two weeks with her chex mix bar treat.

In cowboy country some oldtimers will want a "whiskey sage" or sagebrush .

This has your bourbon or whiskey blend of choice on ice with "jest a plash of water and 7-up or sprite".

My grandmother met the Charles M. Russell and her grandfather got upset with him making a mess on his hardware store glass counter every noon with his coke an WW1 cracker...yup my grandmother was never a lush, but the real Montana of the day thing..... most nights of her adult life she had one strong one...and could handle it..fond memories..fun thread...sorry for long story OP..thanks....sarah

https://www.cmrussell.org/

Edited by sjn911

"Glass of bourbon with an ice cube" and "Just a splash"...my dear grandmother's drink..she was skinny, tiny, never a weight problem lived to 97.5 and I can hear her order it and learned to enjoy it with her..best memories..nice to enjoy a bourbon because it is simple too. Her one drink a night was nearly 2 and when we got to bring her hme from hospital for last Christmas she never let that drink out of her hand..we should have snuck it in the last two weeks with her chex mix bar treat.

In cowboy country some oldtimers will want a "whiskey sage" or sagebrush .

This has your bourbon or whiskey blend of choice on ice with "jest a plash of water and 7-up or sprite".

My grandmother met the Charles M. Russell and her grandfather got upset with him making a mess on his hardware store glass counter every noon with his coke an WW1 cracker...yup my grandmother was never a lush, but the real Montana of the day thing..... most nights of her adult life she had one strong one...and could handle it..fond memories..fun thread...sorry for long story OP..thanks....sarah

https://www.cmrussell.org/

GREAT STORY...my grandma lived to be 100 and 7 months. She was German. One night she was saying that she like "vodka" in that German accent. So I poured her a little. Omg, the face she made after one sip...still LOL thinking of it. By gosh, she drank it all though. :D

Btw, we are from Montana too.

GREAT STORY...my grandma lived to be 100 and 7 months. She was German. One night she was saying that she like "vodka" in that German accent. So I poured her a little. Omg, the face she made after one sip...still LOL thinking of it. By gosh, she drank it all though. :D

Btw, we are from Montana too.

Pleased to meet you and thanks for putting up with my reflections...

My Colorado grandma did not drink much if any that I recall...

Stay warm!! I love your story too..

Just lost mom 18 months ago and i can't believe her mom lived 21 years longer but now it is finally getting so that memories more often bring more warm feelings than tears and jotting this out helps...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Hi all! Leaving on Sunshine in less than two weeks. I want to get my drink on lol. I am looking for possibly frozen drinks but want something with a kick to it. Love the DOD's but find it is usually just fruity with not a lot of alcohol in it. Any suggestions on a drink that gives you a good "buzz"? Don't mean to sound like a lush, just want a good tasting "strong" drink. Maybe I can get an extra shot in a drink to get what I'm looking for?

THanks in advance for any suggestions!

Martinis! If you like sweet stuff... get a cosmo or any other kinda fruity martini. : )

So, if you get the floater shot, still only counts as one drink, procided its under 10$?

Another point - if you get the so-called "classic cocktails", I believe you get a 5$ match bet on Black Jack, so if you drink 15 classic drinks in a day, you would get 60$ in match play plus your 60 * expected return .95 = $114 minus 60 you put in = $54 = free cocktails in a perfect world

Note: a TRUE Adios has twice the alcohol but almost no place will make it that way because it is honestly irresponsible

What's the difference in making it this way compared to ordering two watered down versions. Would ordering two regular ones also be irresponsible to serve?

Watch out for the long island ice teas, they aren't frozen, but they certainly will give you a kick. I had a "friend" lol that had three and " she " won't do that again. Have a great cruise!

I agree on the long Islands but pace yourself ...We were drinking them by the pool woke up the next morning and didn't even realize we had missed elegant night

I second the Long island ice teas. Our bartender told us it was the most potent

out of all the cocktails and boy can you taste it.

I had two and some beers and was dancing the time warp in the atrium.

Although I always say if you want a strong drink the only way is on the rocks or straight up. :)

OMG you you just :Dcracked me the hell up!!!

Yeah, the Long Island Iced Tea is the best go to for a drunk. But be careful. First, many of the bartenders tended to give me way too much sour mix and virtually no coke. It was hard to drink it was so sour. Then on the last night at the Piano Bar (this was last year on Dream) I ordered a double Jack and Coke. It was $15 and same size as Long Island. So I tried the Long Island. It was much better with that bartender so I drank quite a few. I don't remember everything but I was drinking later with a guitarist that had finished his set in another area. Then I was eating pizza and explaining how Megadeth and Metallica had some of the same songs with different lyrics, to a couple of metal head teens. Then I recall being woken up and forced to leave the ship to go home. Let me tell you, travel that day was an absolute nightmare. So don't drink them on the last night. :D

Rather than edit my post - again, here are links to the Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar menus.

They're the two bars across from each other on Lido.

The 'floaters' are $2 extra.

Red Frog Rum Bar Menu

Blue Iguana Tequila Bar Menu

So are they not serving Bud Light on the ship? I sure hope they haven't stopped that! We love the 2 ships that we have been on that had bud light draft!