Inspiration 3-Night Review with American Table

Wanna_Cruize

I am on this cruise in March but the itinerary is still listed as Saturday in Ensenada and Sunday at Sea. Was the switch of the two days only for your cruise or is that the schedule for all the 3 days? I'd much rather have a sea day after Ensenada....

I am on this cruise in March but the itinerary is still listed as Saturday in Ensenada and Sunday at Sea. Was the switch of the two days only for your cruise or is that the schedule for all the 3 days? I'd much rather have a sea day after Ensenada....

This seemed to be a one-off itin. We've been doing this itin since the early '90's and the last day is always a sea day.

Thank you for posting this.. we leave on the 23rd of March for a 4 night cruise. We are on the Imagination but same basic ship/food so I was excited to see what you were served. The actual menu looks better than what I had seen before. Glad to see there is a green salad option as well as the fruit and cheese plate too. Guess we can look forward to food options rather than dreading them.

I was just looking at the ones leaving on March 6 (Imagination) and 7th (Inspiration) and they are both losing the Ensenada stop first and then the Sea day, so I don't know why ours was different. It will be interesting to see if they rotate the menus for those two days? Also, the ship's name is listed at the bottom of the menu, so I don't know if Imagination's menus will be the same as Inspiration was. Perhaps I can talk my DH into booking a quick getaway on Imagination just to check???

Oh, and I had good news tonight at my weekly weigh-in. All the walking the stairs sure helped, I was actually down just under a pound for the week, even with the cruise (and wine with dinner every night)!

Thank you so much for your review. I am looking forward to experiencing the new menu. Congratulations on the great success you and your husband had with your weight loss. Taking the steps everywhere can really make a difference. I'm not sure I would be able to execute the willpower you did and send away the bread basket. I am a sucker for croissants and I am sure they are by far the most fattening thing in the basket.

I sailed the 3 day Inspiration 3 times last year and on all 3 we were in Ensenada Saturday and had a relaxing (if you call relaxing hanging out in the Candlelight Lounge cheering on my favorite football teams relaxing) on Sunday. I am booked again on the 25th of April and I noticed that I will have your itinerary. A sea day on Saturday and Ensenada on Sunday. Not sure I knew that when I booked it, but it will be a switch, something new. I now can see that had I paid attention to the booking engine I would have noticed that they had the 3 day Inspiration cruises twice under the 2-5 day cruises and that is the difference, the itinerary switch. A majority of the weekend sailings still do the traditional itinerary, and just a few this alternate one. I'm not sure if it has to do with the Imagination coming to town or perhaps other cruise lines. We had Princess in port both Nov. and Dec. last year.

I had the Hen Alla Diavola - a spicy Cornish Hen, roasted with some veggies and lots of spice. It was all really good.

I love that dish at the brunch. Just the right amount of spice. It's one of the things I'm really looking forward to on my next Carnival cruise.

Great review and thanks for your dedication in obtaining the menus. It sure is appreciated here on the boards.:D

Great review! My DH and I used to live in LA so it was fun to read about Ensenada. Now we live in SC (South Carolina, not Southern CA:p) and our cruises start somewhere in Florida. Thanks for posting the menus. We just took a cruise with our DDs and the new menu hadn't been launched. I'm looking forward to it in September when I take my DH to HMC, Grand Turk and Nassau (again:rolleyes:).

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and pics!

Thank you Wanna_Cruize for the great review, and high-res scans!

Do you know why they didn't have American Feast on CE night?

Now that you mention it, yea, why didn't we?? That's a good question. Perhaps because we were only 3 nights?? I don't know! I'll have to see what the 4-Night cruises from here have, do they have the American Feast one night or not??