Carnival Triumph 2445 29 May 2014

Mamabear057

My husband and I are both first time cruisers and this cruise is my graduation gift to him. I am hoping someone can help with a small concern of mine.

We booked 2445 on the triumph specifically because of the 2 windows. I am confused if it has the upper bed still with the king or is it still the split upper and lower. Ive seen post from members showing it with a king and showing it with the upper and lower and I just would like some confirmation that it is with a king. My husband is 6'5 and a queen or twin just wont do for him.

Recent pictures would be totally appreciated. Thank you! :)

I hope someone sends you a picture. I just wanted to assure you that your husband should be comfortable. The beds are most likely two twin beds that are pushed together to make a king. My son is 6'5" and he cruised with me before and he was comfy in the twin bed. It is a little small for the big guys, but my son did not complain - he just loved being on the cruise.

My husband and I are both first time cruisers and this cruise is my graduation gift to him. I am hoping someone can help with a small concern of mine.

We booked 2445 on the triumph specifically because of the 2 windows. I am confused if it has the upper bed still with the king or is it still the split upper and lower. Ive seen post from members showing it with a king and showing it with the upper and lower and I just would like some confirmation that it is with a king. My husband is 6'5 and a queen or twin just wont do for him.

I have had these cabins more than 10 times it is a twin bed with a upper bed that comes down from the wall

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38985713&postcount=25

I'm not sure about right now, but for the longest time, it has been one twin plus an upper bunk. That's what it was in Nov 2010 when I had the same room on the other side of the ship (2444). There are reports of a 2nd bed being added to Victory's rooms like these. Victory & Sunshine also have 2 rooms just like this: cheapest category (1A) with 2 picture windows; listed as one twin plus an upper. Best of luck finding out about this room in particular. My guess is that once all 6 of these rooms on the 3 ships put a 2nd twin in there, they will be re-categorized as a more expensive oceanview.

I was in that cabin in January and it was an upper and lower then.

The Carnival site goccl.com still has it listed as a 1A with an upper and lower so you would have bunk beds.

Cabin 2445 1A 185 sq ft

Beds: 1 twin-1 upper

View: window

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table

Non-smoking

I was on the Triumph and was in the cabin next to this. It is a single bed with a pull down bed. Big cabin but only one bed.

Did you book online or did you use a PVP or TA? If you used a PVP or TA they should have told you that when you booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...

It is def an upper lower. We were able to have the pull down bed put up and a roll away brought in to make it a king. Was it comfortable... Not at all. The windows were beautiful and nice to have. It beat an interior room IMO. But we are clear it is an upper lower. Our room steward Nenga went out of his way to accommodate us.

I will post pics when I get home.

Mamabear057,thanks for coming back and posting. So often OP doesn't come back and we never know the correct answer. I am sorry your sleeping arrangements were not so good. Hopefully you had a great cruise. Next time you will know which staterooms to avoid.