No more past guest rate?

cherbear4000

I went to book a cruise today for July 2014. (Liberty leaving 7/19). The only rates available are fun saver or early saver. We usually book past guest. We don't want to book early saver since we want the ability to cancel without penalty. I can't believe Carnival would get rid of all of the other rate options.

On the "Your Rate" tab, look for the tiny text link "Other rates." They're hiding the other options now, which is kind of a scummy scammy tactic.

I did check the 'other rates'. The only rates available to select are either Fun Select or Early Saver. Of course, Wednesday is 5 months out and probably the last day to book early saver.

Since I don't want to book early saver, I will wait a few days and see what Carnival does.

I too always use past guest rate. A few weeks ago I started looking at the Fantasy for October 4 and saw that many good cabins were available on upper deck mid ship but the past guest rate wasn't available. I waited for several days and watched as my first and second choice cabins disappeared. I decided I couldn't wait any longer so I booked with early saver since it was only $50 deposit and the risk of losing that was worth getting the cabin I want. Plus, I have the potential for a lower rate after final, but I won't be holding my breath for that.