Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

Was following, still following and will continue to follow.

Thanks for the excellent work so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi lgonquin,

I love it when people are Following my review because I then know it is good enough that they will stick with it. Imagine sitting here getting no feedback.

Thanks again.

megacruiser

Hi lgonquin,

I love it when people are Following my review because I then know it is good enough that they will stick with it. Imagine sitting here getting no feedback.

Thanks again.

megacruiser

I have to say, frequently I just subscribe and never reply to the OP to tell them that I did.

It had never occurred to me that it mattered!

On that note, I have been following since the beginning, and am very appreciative of your detail and pictures! :D

megacruiser, thank you so much for posting such a detailed and informative review! :) I’ve been following since the start, and the pictures are so beautiful, too. I'm sailing on the Oasis for the first time in June, and this review has certainly helped me plan what I should do when I finally get onboard.

I noticed that you talked about the Independence of the Seas. Does the Oasis feel less crowded? I was on the Liberty a few years ago, and it didn't feel particularly crowded, but it looks like the Oasis might have a better layout. Is that true? :)

megacruiser, thank you so much for posting such a detailed and informative review! :) I’ve been following since the start, and the pictures are so beautiful, too. I'm sailing on the Oasis for the first time in June, and this review has certainly helped me plan what I should do when I finally get onboard.

I noticed that you talked about the Independence of the Seas. Does the Oasis feel less crowded? I was on the Liberty a few years ago, and it didn't feel particularly crowded, but it looks like the Oasis might have a better layout. Is that true? :)

Hello escayna,

Firstly thanks for Following and the compliment.

I felt Oasis was less crowded than the Independence and those P&O and Princess ships based on the Grand Class design after they put in the extra deck for about 500 more passenegers (like Ventura, Crown, Ruby etc) but didn't increase public space accordingly to accommodate them.

The issue on Independence may have been exacerbated by the fact that sailing in and out of the UK can mean a couple of days either end without much sun as you traverse the Bay of Biscay. It can't cope indoors in these circumstances - Promenade crowded, no seats to be had. Liberty in the sun may be better.

Whatever, I feared crowds on the Oasis and they proved to be completely unfounded. I think Central Park and Broadway as additional "neighbourhoods" may be part of the reason together with very thoughtful design.

Regards

megacruiser

Hello gottogocruisin,

Now THAT is what I like to hear. Thanks for Following.

The deal on 150 is that it is entirely optional whether you have the Wine Pairing. It is an extra $35. One person in a party can order it if the other doesn't want it. In fact I don't think you are given the menu on the right if you elect for the food only. My waiter knew I was doing a review and made a point of giving me them both for each menu as I was leaving. Report on my final night's meal there is still to come.

One cautionary note. 150 is for people who love and appreciate good food, not just their favourite foods and its not for people who really don't like quite a lot of different foods. It really shouldn't matter much which menu you choose because they are both great and the menu does not really convey what you can expect to savour.

In the UK a six course Tasting Menu of that quality in a good restauarnt would be £60 or £70 ($100) and wine pairing is usually as much again. I should also mention the portions are not tiny, but not so much that you struggle to eat it all. Food lovers, please take note - 150 is the biggest bargain on the high seas!

Kind regards

megacruiser

Thanks so much. Definitely need to consider!!

Excellent review!!

Just booked an October cruise on the allure, and being a sister ship, this review is really giving me a good insight on what to expect.

Loved the 150 review!

Definatly going to have to give it a go on allure.

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I'm following from the beginning. Love your review, beautiful pictures and very nice english style.

We had chefs tabel at the Serenade. The food and wine were really good but I thought the ambiance was a bit stiff and the table too large. I am looking forward to our transatlantic cruise with Oasis so we can try 150 Central Park. We love all food that is good quality and well cooked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks to all who are following and I will respnd to all feedback, which I have mainly been trying to do in the order posted. I will be posting my Deck 6 Tour later today but it looks like I'll be burning the midnight oil again tonight.

Thanks again.

megacruiser

Dying to see your second meal at 150 Central Park. We head off for a few nights in FLL before joining Allure on Sunday but waiting to see your review and fab pictures before we decide which one to go for :D

Many thanks for the review. I would like to say that you have described the '150 experience' more elegantly than anyone previously. I have been on Oasis 3 times and Allure 4 times and on day 1 we have always eaten at 150.

It has always been a wonderful experience for me and I completely agree with you that it is a dinner for people that LIKE FOOD. Not the ones that are saying 'I don't eat seafood' or 'I just want a steak and baked potato' or 'I'm not gonna eat something I haven't had before', etc..

I agree that it is the best meal on the seas and the best bargain for what you get either on board a ship or on land.

Dying to see your second meal at 150 Central Park. We head off for a few nights in FLL before joining Allure on Sunday but waiting to see your review and fab pictures before we decide which one to go for :D

Hello Bobal,

As you won't be here when I get to Day 7, as far as Menu 1 or Menu 2 goes, they are both excellent. I thought Menu 1 was better on the night . Others who were doing back-to-back said they preferred Menu 2. The waiter agreed with me. I suggest you look at Menu 2 to see if it is more tempting. The dessert on Menu 2 was better, I thought, but that would not be enough to win me over if I were to dine there again once only. I would stick with Menu 1. I hope this helps; but probably not. :)

Regards

megacruiser

Hello Bobal,

I would stick with Menu 1. I hope this helps; but probably not. :)

Regards

megacruiser

Having read, and greatly admired, all you've written so far I will take your advice :)....and I'll be logging on whilst I'm in FLL before I board on Sunday, just in case you get to day 7 by then ;)

Thanks once again for such a fantastic review

Deck 6 Tour

Day4Interiors064_zpsa867848b.jpg

This is the Deck 6 plan. The Vitality Spa at Sea all the way forward on the right.

oasisday2103_zpse0bbf43c.jpg

I was remiss in not going in to get a few snaps of the equipment. The problem is that entering a gym causes me a certain degree of unease. I think it may stem from a deep-seated sense of guilt at my complete inability to stick with any sort of fitness regime for more than a few weeks. :rolleyes:

oasisday2101_zpscc478684.jpg

Anyway I did manage to venture in as far as reception and the café where vitamin rich health drinks were on offer.

oasisday2104_zpsd5b9c473.jpg

Heading aft, just past the elevators on the starboard side is the Diamond Club.

DSCF4820_zps774dc51b.jpg

Access is programmed into your key card data.

BoradwalkandSnacks013_zps2e36ea17.jpg

In the morning a continental style breakfast is on offer. Fresh fruit, juices, cold cuts including smoked salmon, cereals and a proper toaster. Yes that’s right, you can actually make yourself a slice of properly browned crisp toast, something almost unheard of on a cruise ship. A complimentary bar is normally set up between 5pm and 8.30pm but due to excess Diamond Members on this cruise the bar aspect was relocated to Blaze nightclub.

oasis2128_zps501b4691.jpg

Best of all they have a very good bean-to-cup espresso machine with all the usual milky options available; and it is available any time of the day.

oasis2133_zps1b700b0f.jpg

You can sit out on the terrace with views over the Royal Promenade.

There is no through route to the aft part of Deck 6, so you have to use the cabin corridor or go down one deck, along the Promenade and back up.

All that is located towards the aft of the Royal Promenade is Focus (the photo gallery), the Schooner Bar and the Future Cruise booking office.

Day5Oasis014_zpsee7c0938.jpg

Schooner Bar on the right opposite Focus.

DSCF5023_zpsb7e3b885.jpg

Schooner bar is directly above guest services.

DSCF5015_zps86585bfa.jpg

oasis2165_zps5e3263fc.jpg

oasis2168_zpse21b3817.jpg

DSCF4422_zpsc636ebba.jpg

Before heading out to the Boardwalk I will mention there is Shuffleboard available at the very stern behind the Aquatheatre accessible from a stair way near the deck chairs one deck below on deck 5 beside the jogging track.

BoradwalkandSnacks029_zpsa9ccd3e7.jpg

NikonConstellationOasis044_zpsfa64b04e.jpg

As you enter the Boardwalk the Carousel is directly ahead

BoradwalkandSnacks056_zps65ddede1.jpg