Just Back From Freedom

Butterbean1000

I have to say this was our least favorite cruise. Although we had a blast and made lots of great memories, our dining experiences were very disappointing. The food was mediocre at best and the service in the MDR was terrible. It was so bad one night we complained to the matre'd while still in the dining room.

We ate at the steak house on Valentines, the food was outstanding, but again the service was bad. In fact, so bad, the matre'd brought us a free bottle of champaign.

Now for the good. Our room steward, Bam, was wonderful. The service people throughout the ship were very friendly. The ship itself was well maintained.

All in all, a great vacation with good friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

We were on the Freedom in July 2012 and thought it was the worst dining experienve we had. The MD was great though. We thought out was just because that was the first time we had the 3 person team. This last cruise on the Conquest the 3 person team we had was great. We said something to one of our waiters and he said they could have been new.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

My cruise on the Freedom in 2012 is my least favorite cruise to date. I was on the Freedom for a 6 night and then boarded the Legend the next day for a 7 night - the difference was astonishing. To me, and this is just my opinion so please no offense to anyone, the crew on the Freedom had a 'disgruntled' vibe - like it was bothering them that we were there.... A cruise is what you make it, and we had a fabulous time, but that 'not welcoming' feeling was there...

I have heard this a lot about the Freedom and would have hoped that they would have made some staffing changes in the MDR after sooooo many complaints. We will be on the Freedom in March and are hoping that the service issues will not be a factor. Time will tell, but I see so many posts on this dinning issue dating back to 2012 I am thinking that it will also be an issue in a few weeks :(

I have to say this was our least favorite cruise. Although we had a blast and made lots of great memories, our dining experiences were very disappointing. The food was mediocre at best and the service in the MDR was terrible. It was so bad one night we complained to the matre'd while still in the dining room.

We ate at the steak house on Valentines, the food was outstanding, but again the service was bad. In fact, so bad, the matre'd brought us a free bottle of champaign.

Now for the good. Our room steward, Bam, was wonderful. The service people throughout the ship were very friendly. The ship itself was well maintained.

All in all, a great vacation with good friends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your thoughts.

Just did a b2b on the Freedom 1-25 to 2-8 and my husband and I both thought the food was much better then our previous cruises on the Liberty and the Valor. Beef dishes definitely improved-were they 5 star no but definitely have flavor and were tender.