SteakHouse Question

tlbutler33

Do you pay for the Steakhouse when you make reservations? Do you pay in cash at the restaurant? Or is it charged to your S&S account?

I also have a couple that is back and forth about going. If I make a reservation for 6, and only 4 of us actually go, will I be charged for 6 since the reservation will be in my name?? Or should I make the reservation for 4 and try to add them if they decide to come with?

Thanks for your responses.

You don't pay until after you have eaten. You will be asked to put in on your S&S card. As far as the reservation is concerned, you won't be charged for the no-shows if you reserve six and only have four. That being said, you should readjust your reservation to the correct number once the odd couple gets off the fence. It just a nice courtesy to the restraurant so they can assign wait staff properly.

You don't pay until after you have eaten. You will be asked to put in on your S&S card. As far as the reservation is concerned, you won't be charged for the no-shows if you reserve six and only have four. That being said, you should readjust your reservation to the correct number once the odd couple gets off the fence. It just a nice courtesy to the restraurant so they can assign wait staff properly.

agreed

What JAGR said.:)

The check will be brought to you in a leather-like cover at the end of the meal, just like in a regular, land-based restaurant. You put your S&S card in the little book and sign the slip (and add extra tip if you so choose;)).

Does anyone know if the Legend steakhouse still offers a free bottle of wine on first night dining? Thank you!

As far as I know all the steakhouses offer the free bottle on the first night. It is usually a Santa Carolina wine - choice of red or white.

Another High-Jack...

I'm trying to decide whether to make reservations, but here's my question...

On the first night, the MDR is usually cruise casual because not everyone has their luggage at this time. We always have, but we've talked to a lot of people at dinner that didn't get their bags in time to change.

What is the dress code for that night?

TIA :)

Another High-Jack...

On the first night, the MDR is usually cruise casual because not everyone has their luggage at this time. We always have, but we've talked to a lot of people at dinner that didn't get their bags in time to change.

That's a good question! We're going the first night and would like to know also. But am guessing with FTTF, we'd get it in time.

That's a good question! We're going the first night and would like to know also. But am guessing with FTTF, we'd get it in time.

We're FTTF too, but I was just wondering.... ;) We have to dress up ALL week long, and I just hate to do it on vacation. We usually only hit the MDR once because of it. :)

Another High-Jack...

Cruise Casual.

The Steakhouse is awesome. We did it on our last cruise in 2012 on the Conquest. I just made our reservations today for our cruise on the Magic in June. I went ahead and made our reservations for the third evening (2nd Fun day at sea). I figured it would be a nice way to enjoy the night after a full day at the pool.

First night at the Steak House:

Dress code: They know that the luggage may not have arrived in time for you to dress up, so they are very flexible with the dress code on the first night. Capris are absolutely fine.

Wine: I've been to the steak house on the first night with my husband: one bottle of wine; and with a group that included 7 adults: we got at least two bottles of wine, possibly three. These were both on the Magic.

And, just to reiterate what everyone else has already said, you will pay with your S&S card at the end of the meal when you are presented with a bill like any restaurant.

Have a great time! We LOVE the steak house. We already have reservations for two nights on our next cruise in June.

Well, I went ahead and booked through our account. It just asks when you want to go, but doesn't tell you whether it's available or not. I guess you just find out when you check in at the terminal?

We're going to try for the first night as soon as they open. We never go do much the first night anyway, so we can just relax. :)

Anyone want our bottle of wine? LOL We don't really drink wine. Now if we were talking Champagne, I'm all in. ;)

Thanks for all the information guys. :D

Well, I went ahead and booked through our account. It just asks when you want to go, but doesn't tell you whether it's available or not. I guess you just find out when you check in at the terminal?

You will probably get a confirmation email in the next couple days, although not everyone does. Don't panic if you don't get one. I would just check at the steak house when you board. In fact, I do that regardless of whether I get a confirmation email.

So I could get a way with say, dressy capris, that first night? ;)

with a dressy shirt and shoes/sandals, why not there or in the MDR?;) I bring a couple of cocktail dresses and rest of cruise is pair of dressy black capris with different blinged out tops. Have yet to feel under-dressed or out of place.

with a dressy shirt and shoes/sandals, why not there or in the MDR?;) I bring a couple of cocktail dresses and rest of cruise is pair of dressy black capris with different blinged out tops. Have yet to feel under-dressed or out of place.

Good point. Dressy capris and nice tops are pretty common everywhere on board, except for the MDR on formal nights, although you'll probably see it then, too.

That makes me feel better keisha. I usually wear dressy shirts, so I'll probably be okay. I have yet to don a blinged out shirt though. LOL ;) Don't think I could pull it off. :D

Is the steakhouse like eating in the mdr? can you order whatever you like ? First time cruising thinking about doing a night in the steakhouse.....

For the flat fee you can order anything you want from the menu, but only one entree unless you pay for another meal. I'm not sure if you can order more than one of the other courses. It's a ton of food, though, and you will not go hungry with one of each course.

Is the steakhouse like eating in the mdr? can you order whatever you like ? First time cruising thinking about doing a night in the steakhouse.....

You can order whatever you want within a certain limit. I believe it's one appetizer, one entree, two sides, and one dessert. Someone will correct me if I've got that wrong, but it's at least close. I have heard of people paying extra to get an additional entree. But it is a lot of food already!

You should give it a try! It's better food, better service, and better atmosphere than the MDR. Well worth it, IMO.:)