SteakHouse Question

tlbutler33

Good point. Dressy capris and nice tops are pretty common everywhere on board, except for the MDR on formal nights, although you'll probably see it then, too.

pretty much anything goes it seems on all lines anymore. Dressing up, just a little;), is part of the experience for us and one of the few times I get to see the mr looking sharp in a suit.:)

That makes me feel better keisha. I usually wear dressy shirts, so I'll probably be okay. I have yet to don a blinged out shirt though. LOL ;) Don't think I could pull it off. :D

hahaha

Well, not sure if I'll get a reservation confirmation via email. I made the res a couple days ago, but nothing in my spam folder either. I know the site says you may or may not get one, but I'd feel better if I knew for sure we got that date/time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I too made our reservation a couple of days ago and have yet to receive a confirmation yet.

If its anything like the last time we cruised in 2012. I made reservations in advance and received a personalized confirmation email about a week later. So id expect we may be getting it soon.

I too made our reservation a couple of days ago and have yet to receive a confirmation yet.

If its anything like the last time we cruised in 2012. I made reservations in advance and received a personalized confirmation email about a week later. So id expect we may be getting it soon.

It will probable arrive after we leave mid next week. :rolleyes:

Thanks! :D

Recent posts/reviews have said that you can get more than one appertizer. You would pay a premium for a second entree. You would also have to hauled out as a freight if you ate that much, though!

From looking at the menu and some pics, it looks like some of the steaks are HUGE. I can't image eating everything. Starter, salad, entree, and dessert.

I can't wait to try though.

Does anyone know how big the lobster tail is that's on the menu? Bigger than the MDR ones I hope. ;)

...Does anyone know how big the lobster tail is that's on the menu? Bigger than the MDR ones I hope. ;)

I don't know what the size is in ounces, but yes, it is bigger and of a better quality than the MDR lobster tails. I usually get the surf & turf combo - the filet and lobster. It's a very good and filling meal.:)

Another High-Jack...

I'm trying to decide whether to make reservations, but here's my question...

On the first night, the MDR is usually cruise casual because not everyone has their luggage at this time. We always have, but we've talked to a lot of people at dinner that didn't get their bags in time to change.

What is the dress code for that night?

TIA :)

I made it a point to stop by the steak house on embarkation day and ask about the dress code, since our reservation was for the first evening. I was told "cruise casual or business casual", and emphatically told "no shorts and no flip-flops".

For the flat fee you can order anything you want from the menu, but only one entree unless you pay for another meal. I'm not sure if you can order more than one of the other courses. It's a ton of food, though, and you will not go hungry with one of each course.

If you're still hungry after your meal, you could always hit the buffet, the pizza station and the soft-serve ice cream machine. Then eat 'til you can't walk.:D

Edited by beachbum53

From looking at the menu and some pics, it looks like some of the steaks are HUGE. I can't image eating everything. Starter, salad, entree, and dessert.

I can't wait to try though.

Does anyone know how big the lobster tail is that's on the menu? Bigger than the MDR ones I hope. ;)

The lobster tail is a decent size, usually bigger than what you get in the MDR. Go for the Surf & Turf. It's really good!

Beach - Thanks for the surf and turf recommendation. I can't decide between that or a ribeye. I guess I'll have to check out of people's plates as they come out. :D

We just received out confirmation! Yay!

Dear XXXXXX XXXXXX,

Thank you for choosing The Chef’s Art Steakhouse for your dining on the Carnival Dream.

Your reservation request for 2 Guests at 6:00pm on March XX, 2014 is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at drsteakhouse@carnival.com

We look forward to serving you!

Regards,

Polina Grytsenko

Steakhouse Manager, Carnival Dream