Obstructed view on the Miracle.

sacnaillady

I have a midship balcony cabin on the Upper deck of the ship Miracle for an Alaskan cruise the end if June, room 5165. It says in the descriptions that it has a partially obstructed view. Can anyone tell me if they know how obstructed the view is? Do you have a picture from your cabin balcony you could post? I got one of the "free" cabins so beggars can't be choosers I just want to know what to expect.

I have a midship balcony cabin on the Upper deck of the ship Miracle for an Alaskan cruise the end if June, room 5165. It says in the descriptions that it has a partially obstructed view. Can anyone tell me if they know how obstructed the view is? Do you have a picture from your cabin balcony you could post? I got one of the "free" cabins so beggars can't be choosers I just want to know what to expect.

I had one on the Miracle. I don't have a pic, but the lifeboat is blocking most of the view. The advantage is that you do have daylight coming in and a door that opens, even though you can't go out.

An obstructed Balcony has a smaller balcony platform, and since this particular cabin is situated within the area of the first 3 lifeboats, you will have a more obstructed view than others in this category.

However, as you said, the cabin was 'free', so enjoy !

Oh no! I guess it's better than no balcony. I was hoping I'd be looking up over the top of the boat. Can you sit on the balcony and look at the back of the lifeboat? Or is going out not possible? Maybe I should have just upgraded to the ocean view! It's done now!

I had one on the Miracle. I don't have a pic, but the lifeboat is blocking most of the view. The advantage is that you do have daylight coming in and a door that opens, even though you can't go out.

You appear to be referring to the 4K's (Interior with French Doors).

OP booked an obstructed Balcony, and yes, they can go out on it.

Oh no! I guess it's better than no balcony. I was hoping I'd be looking up over the top of the boat. Can you sit on the balcony and look at the back of the lifeboat? Or is going out not possible? Maybe I should have just upgraded to the ocean view! It's done now!

For a picture of your view...go to cruise line rooms dot com (all one word, no spaces), choose Carnival, and then choose Pride (sister ship to Miracle). Scroll down the cabins listed to 5165 (next door to yours), click there and you will see a few pictures...one gives a pretty good idea of what you will be looking at. :)

Edited by K&P Luv2Cruise
  • Like 1

For a picture of your view...go to cruise line rooms dot com (all one word, no spaces), choose Carnival, and then choose Pride (sister ship to Miracle). Scroll down the cabins listed to 5165 (next door to yours), click there and you will see a few pictures...one gives a pretty good idea of what you will be looking at. :)

I went and looked up my exact room but on the Pride. Thank you for the site! I will use it the future.

5234 and 5227 are currently available for your cruise. We have been in 5236 and 5235 on Pride (Miracle's twin). The lifeboats are lower in that section, and it is fairly easy to see over them. I don't know if they are 2 person cabins, but since they are in your same category maybe you can call and switch.

• 4 years later...
On 2/18/2014 at 1:49 PM, John Reid said:

5234 and 5227 are currently available for your cruise. We have been in 5236 and 5235 on Pride (Miracle's twin). The lifeboats are lower in that section, and it is fairly easy to see over them. I don't know if they are 2 person cabins, but since they are in your same category maybe you can call and switch.

I dont want to resurrect an old thread, but it won’t let me private message.  Would you be willing to share pictures from cabin 5235?  We just booked that cabin on the Legend and I believe the layout is the same.