Super Star Virgo

little poppett

Who sells Star cruises in the US. They do not show up on cruise critic agencies. Maybe they will let me ask this question?

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) does - contact tel. 305.436.4000 or fax 305.436.4126

Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL) based in Miami are General Sales Agents in USA

for Star Cruises.

Go to Star website, (www.starcruises.com) click on the "contact us" tab and you will see the NCL entry under USA.

Star Cruises are part of Genting Group of Malaysia . Star Cruises (Asian waters) are 100 % owned by Star . However Star also own 50 % of NCL who sail in USA, Europe and Mediterranean waters.

Go to Star website, (www.starcruises.com) click on the "contact us" tab and you will see the NCL entry under USA. .

kuldalai - are you sure ??

If I click on "contact us", all I get is a "Feedback/Enquiry" form to complete. No addresses or listing of offices at all.

Even when going through "Sitemap", under "Global Offices" there is no listing for the USA :confused:

Sorry for the wrong steer . Star website has all changed .

Star agent in USA Norwegian Cruise Line (N.C.L.)

International Sales Department N.C.L.

7665 Corporate Centre Drive, Miami, Florida. 33126 . U.S.A.

Phone - 305.436.4000 and ask for International Sales

You can book on line on the Star website at http://www.starcruises.com

Just go to the find cruise facility enter your country of home residency, enter the fields (best leave as "any destinations") and take it from there. Cruise and cabin availability can be determined and pricing will be shown in US $ provided you have filled in country of resiency as USA . If you want to book you can do that on line .

Hi I've never been on a cruise before (and never posted on a forum either :) ). We are going on SSV on the 8th of June for 5 nights (Sanya, Halong Bay, Xiamen). I've been seeing references to Admiral class on several websites and can't work out what cabins that applies to. We have a junior suite on deck 10. Not sure what cabin number yet as we haven't gotten our cruise docs yet. Hopefully this week. And we just got informed we have to get our own visa for Xiamen, apparently they got us a single entry for Sanya though.

Also we are cruising with our 6month old son (seems young but we are combining this with a visit to grandad in Macau). Is the only childcare for his age in cabin? Or can we take him to the childcare centre?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Admiral Class is for pax booked in Executive Suites (AA & AB) and Junior Suites (AC & AD) on SS Virgo. You will receive Yellow Cabin Access Cards.

Look for ADMIRAL CLASS priority Check-in Desk at Ocean Terminal in Hong Kong . You also get some other priveliges like first off for tours, seating with a Senior Officer at Captains Gala Dinner, priority dis-embarkation.

Child minding service is at Childrens Activity Centre & Nursery on Deck 10 . (Charged to your Cabin Card.)

Have a great cruise, VIRGO is a very friendly vessel with great food, entertainment, activities and great staff .

Junior Suites are huge and there will be plenty of room for you all. Like dining area for 4 persons, tea/coffee making, bar fridge, mini lounge with a lounge that converts into double bed. Bedroom has huge Queen size bed. Bathroom has twin handbasins, huge spa bath , shower and toilet all looking out to sea .

Just another quick question. :confused: What travel documents do we get? All we've been given is a itinerary from Qantas Holidays. Is that it? Do we get luggage tags like other cruise lines? Or any info on shore excursions? The star cruises website doesn't have any shore excursions for Hong Kong. We did get our cabin number though. :) #10512 is that good?

Thanks for your help.

Judy

If you or your TA booked your holiday through Qantas Holidays then you will have a series of A-4 sheets that in trip order detailing your flights, transfers, accommodation, cruise etc . Thats it normally . Check with your TA to be sure you have all the paper you should have to get you aboard. If he cannot answer your question then he can contact Qantas Holidays and find out.

Star do not provide Luggage Tags.

There are no Shore Excursions for Virgo in Hong Kong because HK is currently her home base . In any case HK is one city you can do better on your own . Refer my previous posts on Gemini thread on sights to see and how to get there on your own.

Stateroom 10512 is on Deck 10 on the Port side (LHS facing forward) about midships. It is Category BB Oceanview Stateroom with balcony . It should be an excellent cabin . You can view the Deckplan on Star website .

Our Fleet>Virgo>Deck Plans > Deck 10 .

Thanks again. Just checked the deck plan (Kinda had a panic when you said it was cat BB) and it definately says its AD. I don't think we will get off the ship in Hong Kong as we are spending a few days there pre and post cruise but I was interested in what the cruise was offering as day trips.

Thanks heaps. I think this will be the last question.....until I think of something else. hehe

Thanks again. Just checked the deck plan (Kinda had a panic when you said it was cat BB) and it definately says its AD. I don't think we will get off the ship in Hong Kong as we are spending a few days there pre and post cruise but I was interested in what the cruise was offering as day trips.

Thanks heaps. I think this will be the last question.....until I think of something else. hehe

Hi there

we stayed in 10512 on our 2006 cruise - magnificent - nearly enough to make us stay in our cabin for the entire cruise (LOL) - service was second to none, a dip in the cabin spa is unbelievable during a sunset (or Sunrise). Do try the continental breakfast delivered to your cabin on at least 1 occasion (free of charge) just for the experience. You also have a fridge in the cabin, fresh fruit changed daily,,cannot recommend it enough ..and we dined at the Italian restuarant for the Gala Dinner - no sign of any of the ships officers though but the meal was unbeatable so can recommend this to you

Sorry its the mini size print on the diagram coupled with my shortsightedness. I misread 10612 as 10512 . On old Star website you could blow up the deck plans . Very hard to read the numbers on the Deckplan on their current website .

Now 10612 on Virgo is on Deck 10 and is in fact an Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony and is shown on the Deckplan as Category BB .

Now cabin category AD is of a course a Junior Suite with balcony and these are located on Virgo also on Deck 10 . Cabin 10512 is Forward on the Port side. Was in one of these in 2005 . They are huge , you will get lost . Wood grained dining area with table and 4 chairs, bar and fridge. Then sitting room with settee and casual chairs opening onto the balcony . Double doors open into curtained off Queen size bed. Then comes double marble handbasins, jacuzzi, spar, shower and toilet all overlook the sea . Better than the Ritz !!!!

All sounds so great. Thanks for the info guys. Maybe gala dinner night will be the night we leave bub with a baby sitter. I hadn't really thought about where we should book but I read that Bella Vista has the best atmosphere on that night. But if we are going to have a baby free night we should probably go to Palazzo as they don't let kids in. hmmm decisions decisions. :rolleyes: Will definately let everyone know how it was though. Can't wait!

Thanks again.

Judy

All sounds so great. Thanks for the info guys. Maybe gala dinner night will be the night we leave bub with a baby sitter. I hadn't really thought about where we should book but I read that Bella Vista has the best atmosphere on that night. But if we are going to have a baby free night we should probably go to Palazzo as they don't let kids in. hmmm decisions decisions. :rolleyes: Will definately let everyone know how it was though. Can't wait!

Thanks again.

Judy

Judy

If kid free definatley go the Palazzo - your treated like "Royalty" I have done Bella Vista on one cruise and Palazzo on the other - Atmosphere is party like in Bella but much more intimate in palazzo and of course the menu is first rate..but be careful with the wine prices :)

Thanks Stuart. Don't have to worry much bout wine. I'm a cheap drunk since having a baby. hehe Wine prices can't be heaps more than restaurants in Cairns I'd imagine. V expensive at quite a few.

We are getting exciting now and are just anxiously awaiting the return of our passports with visas. Fingers crossed they arrive this week.

I'll be sure to let you know how the cruise was since you are cruising the week after.

Thanks again

Judy

Hi everyone.

Another question. Do we tip? Living in Aus we have only had to tip once and that was when we went to China, so we really don't know how it works. I know the website says they have a no tipping policy but are we still expected to tip our steward and such? And if so how do we go about it and how much is standard? And who should be included?

Thanks in advance

Judy

We have found on both the Gemini and the Virgo that the No Tipping Policy is quite evident. No staff ever "hang around" waiting for your tip and on one occasion, when I made to find some cash for the attendant who had helped me, he waved it away.

I would say if someone was exceptionally good to you, an envelope with a cash tip and a note of thanks would not go astray - but it is not expected.

It really suits us Aussies being that way. I think tipping is one of the most discussed topics on these boards, especially when dealing with American owned ships.

Have a fabulous time.

We never cease to be amazed at the outstanding genuine service given by the staff on both Virgo and Gemini . The staff do not seek tips at any time.

However we always give our Cabin steward and other outstanding staff a cash tip or small gift on the last day/night of the cruise. So if you feel someone has given you outstanding service then by all means go ahead and reward them .

Remember these people are said to be paid an adequate wage but not at the rate they would be paid in Aus for such professionalism in hospitality.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question regarding excursions. My husband and son are interested in the golf excursion in Sanya. From reading the Star Cruises website, this can only be booked on shore......do I book it throught my TA or can I do it online through Star Cruises direct?

Cheers,

Justine

Don't know. Also mak sure you have Visa for China to go ashore at Hainan Island for Sanya. Suggest you address your query re Golf Tour and position re Chinese Visas via e-mail . Send e-mail to :

starcare@starcruises.com.my

With regards to the visas

Our visa for Sanya has been organised by the ship and we just had to get one so we could go ashore in Xiamen. This is through Qantas Holidays so not sure if yours would be the same.

Judy

Archived