Security check at pot everglades

bigguy6

The last time we cruised (2yrs ago) we were Platinum for the first time. I recollect that when we got to the terminal we were directed to the Elite/Platinum lounge and after a while we were called to checkin. For the life of me,however, I can't remember if we went through security before we went to the Platinum lounge or after we were called out of the lounge. Could someone refresh my memory. In the title I meant PORT evergaldes. They won't let you edit the Title.

Edited by bigguy6

The last time we cruised (2yrs ago) we were Platinum for the first time. I recollect that when we got to the terminal we were directed to the Elite/Platinum lounge and after a while we were called to checkin. For the life of me,however, I can't remember if we went through security before we went to the Platinum lounge or after we were called out of the lounge. Could someone refresh my memory. In the title I meant PORT evergaldes. They won't let you edit the Title.

You go through security when you enter the building, before check in and the lounge.:)

It used to be that you went through Security after check-in and before boarding the ship. That's changed to now going through before check-in so whatever you'd remembered would have changed. :)

So this means you have to stand in a common line when you arrive at the dock to go through security before you are allowed to go to the Platinum/elite lounge. Is this correct?

I just returned from the Emerald Princess sailing on 2/7/14. When we arrived at the port, there were 2 lines...one for regular passengers and one for the Platinum/Elite line. Just an FYI...when we arrived around noon, the regular line was shorter than the preferred line. We are not Plat/Elite but boarding had already begun so we went right onto the ship...no waiting after check in. Hope this helps.

Soccer Mom

So this means you have to stand in a common line when you arrive at the dock to go through security before you are allowed to go to the Platinum/elite lounge. Is this correct?

There are two lines to get into the terminal but the preferred line is not very obvious even though there is a sign. We recently cruised on Royal and used hotel shuttle that got us there at about 10:30am. There was a long line forming along the wall of the terminal and your first instinct is to just get into line since you used to be split up after you got inside. But if you look at the entrance doors, there are 2 and the one to the right is the preferred line. When we got there they were just opening the doors so we wandered down sort of wondering if we should go into the right door and sure enough we eventually noticed the sign and walked right in. After we did that we noticed a few people step out of the original line and follow us since they had preferred boarding too and were confused like we were. Once inside we went directly through security, then check in and then to the appropriate area to wait for boarding. In our case, we are elite and we were directed upstairs to the elite lounge.

Lesson learned for us, if you have preferred boarding, stay right and watch for the signs. Dave

Security comes first.

There are two lines to get into the terminal but the preferred line is not very obvious even though there is a sign. We recently cruised on Royal and used hotel shuttle that got us there at about 10:30am. There was a long line forming along the wall of the terminal and your first instinct is to just get into line since you used to be split up after you got inside. But if you look at the entrance doors, there are 2 and the one to the right is the preferred line. When we got there they were just opening the doors so we wandered down sort of wondering if we should go into the right door and sure enough we eventually noticed the sign and walked right in. After we did that we noticed a few people step out of the original line and follow us since they had preferred boarding too and were confused like we were. Once inside we went directly through security, then check in and then to the appropriate area to wait for boarding. In our case, we are elite and we were directed upstairs to the elite lounge.

Lesson learned for us, if you have preferred boarding, stay right and watch for the signs. Dave

Thank you. This is very helpful.