No Soap For You!

mpicard

Oh my gosh! Too funny. :D

Reminded me of the 4" long tubes of something in the basket on my last cruise...they WERE supposed to be mixed with water for a "cool refreshing drink"!!! Looked nasty!

I keep the dozens of chocolates I get all week long and bring them to the office. I hate mint chocolate, so I was really surprised when I broke down and ate one of the squares and it was yummy, no mint chocolate!

Yeah, and no actual chocolate, either.;):rolleyes::p But that's another thread entirely.:cool::D (Remember the "fake chocolate" thread?)

First off, I love this thread. New favorite. Second, I think most of the people who cruise carnival (non-cc members) haven't even noticed this stuff. I use the "SOAP" soap and couldn't care less, I use the pumps they have in the shower. Whatever! If I wanted something better, I would bring it or go to a more expensive line. I am glad Carnival cuts costs. I don't need a bunch of stuff included, I just want to get out on the water, and I can pay for extras I need.

That is absolutely a huge issue I have with the skimping on soap. Noro and other viruses are running rampant on cruise ships these days and the lines should be doing everything possible to reduce their spread. Yeah, the soap quality sucks but it's still soap. I just know now to bring more of my own soap from home than before. I don't like leaving the cabin without washing my hands and a lot of other people feel the same way. Get it together carnival!

I agree about the Noro.

A gross thing that I saw on our last cruise. The rooms steward was servicing our room and the one next to ours; had both doors open and was going between the two cabins. He had these plastic gloves on and was going back and forth. I just had this terrible vison of him cleaning toilets or whatnot and then wiping the sink and soap dish etc.... I'm not saying that he did, but when you clean more than one room at a time, anything could be possible.

I am all for bringing my own pump soap next time to avoid any issues and also keeping my toothbrush out of the glass on the bathroom vanity. He would change that glass each day and thinking about that gloved hand touching my toothbrush gave me the willies. Thank goodness I had an extra toothbrush that I kept closed in my make-up bag.

I'm sure that they are instructed to change gloves between rooms, just like hospital workers, but he was not doing that, as I witnessed. Maybe CCL is cutting down on the plastic disposable gloves now ??

Just a random thought.

I agree about the Noro.

A gross thing that I saw on our last cruise. The rooms steward was servicing our room and the one next to ours; had both doors open and was going between the two cabins. He had these plastic gloves on and was going back and forth. I just had this terrible vison of him cleaning toilets or whatnot and then wiping the sink and soap dish etc.... I'm not saying that he did, but when you clean more than one room at a time, anything could be possible.

I am all for bringing my own pump soap next time to avoid any issues and also keeping my toothbrush out of the glass on the bathroom vanity. He would change that glass each day and thinking about that gloved hand touching my toothbrush gave me the willies. Thank goodness I had an extra toothbrush that I kept closed in my make-up bag.

I'm sure that they are instructed to change gloves between rooms, just like hospital workers, but he was not doing that, as I witnessed. Maybe CCL is cutting down on the plastic disposable gloves now ??

Just a random thought.

With the amount of cabins they expect the stewards to clean now, I'm actually surprised they are as thorough as they are. I learned a long time ago that just because something looks clean, it doesn't mean it is truly clean. Kinda like with pool water. Haha. It could be all wiped down but not sanitized, so nasty germs could still be everywhere. I don't even think carnival would cut down on the gloves so bad though. I guess you were half kidding about that but gloves are essential ppe and I'm pretty sure they would be breaking all kinds of laws by not providing as many as the stewards need. It's probably more like the stewards are so rushed that they get tired of switching out gloves 50 times a day. I agree about putting stuff like toothbrushes and razors in a protective case or a baggie because I don't want them maybe falling off the counter and getting contaminated. I won't use a toothbrush after it has touched a potentially contaminated spot. Rather just throw it out and get a new one but most people don't bring multiple toothbrushes on a cruise with them so.... but they should really do everything they can to promote cleanliness onboard. I usually use my own bar soap to shower anyway but it's still good to have a separate bar near the sink to wash my hands with. But then again, I'm the kind of person who has to wear some sort of shoes in the cabin at all times because who knows what is actually in those carpets ya know? From the replies in this thread, it seems as if it is hit or miss as to whether you will actually get extra soap or not lol.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

[

............................ He would change that glass each day and thinking about that gloved hand touching my toothbrush gave me the willies. Thank goodness I had an extra toothbrush that I kept closed in my make-up bag.

I bring down a cup from the lido deck to use in the bathroom.