Celebrity or Princess

NOSaints1

I agree. Whenever I see this question asked on the celebrity board I don't even open it anymore...they make my blood boil.

Exactly Cruise Junky.....instead of pitting one line against the other, just ask direct questions and decide for yourself. Gosh, so many opinions, so many likes and dislikes and everyone is different. If you are not sure, then by all means try the cruise line out for yourself....enjoy:)

Exactly Cruise Junky.....instead of pitting one line against the other, just ask direct questions and decide for yourself. Gosh, so many opinions, so many likes and dislikes and everyone is different. If you are not sure, then by all means try the cruise line out for yourself....enjoy:)

I agree, we have settled on Princess even though we have sailed many others including Celebrity.

I agree, we have settled on Princess even though we have sailed many others including Celebrity.

Haven't sailed on a Celebrity cruise yet, really want to, but can't find a good price. Going on the Celebrity board has me very weary...they seem so elite. Not sure if that's the type of cruise for me??

Haven't sailed on a Celebrity cruise yet, really want to, but can't find a good price. Going on the Celebrity board has me very weary...they seem so elite. Not sure if that's the type of cruise for me??

I have only been on one, but the passengers were the same as on Princess. It's the board that can be scary ;)

Tell me when you cruised the Silhouette did you miss the promenade deck and aft (terrace) pool that you had on the Ruby? Can you tell me the biggest difference you noticed in food quality, variety, and menu?

I sailed the Ruby in the Med during the summer of '10 and felt completely relaxed and comfortable:)

Obviously this is just my personal opinion, and what happened one week can be completely different the next.

In general, everything about the Silhouette was good. The ship is beautiful, the service is great, the cabin was great, the food was good. We had great weather, and spent all our time next to the pool during the day....we never had a problem getting a chair and shade for me....no, I did not miss the other pools. I actually never walked the promenade deck on Princess until my Crown cruise this year, so I did not miss it then. Of those two weeks, I would say the MDR was better on Celebrity, but the buffet on Princess. I did not think it was worth it to try the specialty restaurants on the Silhouette ($40), but I always go at least once to the Crown Grill on Princess ($25). My biggest complaint...and I use that word lightly since I did not actually make a complaint...was the entertainment/cruise director & staff. I sailed the Silhouette first, and besides the main show in the theater, the rest of the entertainment on board was basically the same 3 music acts which would move from one venue to the next. They were not very good (imo), so while it was fine to see them by the pool, I had zero interest in seeing them elsewhere. We never saw the CD, and the staff were barely going through the motions. Walking around the ship at night, it felt like a ghost town.

We then went on the Ruby, and it felt so different. All the venues had something going on and people were everywhere. The cruise directors staff had so much energy. For this reason alone, this was a better cruise.

I had a very high opinion of Celebrity before that sailing, but I now fear going back and having the same experience. I look at the "patters" that people are posting, and they all look the same with a heavy focus on musical entertainment. That might be great for some people, but not for me.

As to the question of not liking threads like this, I agree that I do not like reading when people completely bash one company while treating another as if they are the owners. I do however think these threads can provide a lot of positive information if people post their experiences on one line vs another in a constructive way.