Budget Rental Car FLL-hotel-POM/downtown?

I Luv Crusin

I was going to get transportation from FLL to the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort where we are staying and then from there to Port of Miami BUT it's over $100. I started to think that I should just pick up a car at the FLL airport on Friday and drop it off at the port on Saturday AM. I looked at Alamo, Thrifty and Budget. So far Budget wins for price but I didn't know how easy it is to get to their Downtown Miami location and to the pier Saturday AM.

Does anyone have experience with Budget? They are by far the least expensive.

TIA!

Just called Budget in Miami. They do offer a free shuttle to POM.

Be careful that you're referring to the correct Budget rental location. The M5E location at 89 SE 2nd street does not offer a free shuttle- I checked that one recently. It's the downtown/port of Miami location.

Be careful that you're referring to the correct Budget rental location. The M5E location at 89 SE 2nd street does not offer a free shuttle- I checked that one recently. It's the downtown/port of Miami location.

That is the location I called this morning and they "assured" me that they have transportation shuttles to the port every day but Tuesday and Wednesday. :mad:

Were you cruising on Tuesday or Wednesday?

That is the location I called this morning and they "assured" me that they have transportation shuttles to the port every day but Tuesday and Wednesday. :mad:

Were you cruising on Tuesday or Wednesday?

Then this is something they started recently. I rented from them twice in December and there was NO shuttle.

The only Budget shuttle I have been using is from MIA to POM, not their downtown location.

But if this is indeed new, I'm very pleased as I will be dropping off a rental there in two weeks pre-cruise.

Huh, I called about 4-6 weeks ago and they adamantly said no shuttle. We're sailing on a Sunday, staying at Holiday Inn POM Saturday night. I'm just going to drop the car off at the airport on Saturday and taxi it to the hotel and taxi to port Sunday morning. My understanding is the valet parking is limited and expensive so don't want to deal with it.

Sounds like lots of people are asking about them having a shuttle so maybe they're trying to see if it's a viable option.