Tips or things not to miss on magic

vbecky

When you get on the ship, go up to the pasta bar for lunch. It's the Italian restaurant, one deck upstairs from the aft buffet lines. It's free for lunch, and it gets busier as the week goes on. I love the pasta bar! The lanai BBQ on sea days is decent; not as much my taste, but it has a couple things I like. I was on the Magic when every single bed was filled, and even then, the lines for the buffet were never long at all, not even at peak times. I was grabbing a plate immediately almost every time. So no worries there. And remember, the aft buffet lines are usually shorter than the ones closer to midship.

The ropes course is fun, but you cannot do it in sandals, so bring shoes up there for it. Those awesome waterslides are NOT for kids only. Adults can ride them all they want!!! My goal is always 100 total rides throughout the week, and I'm sure I've done that each time.

The comedy club is extremely tiny, much smaller than on the Dream and other smaller ships, so come early if you want a seat for the comedy shows.

one suggestion I would say, is on sea days, skip the busy lido deck for lunch. go to deck 5 for the oceanside bbq. very tasty and always had much shorter lines.

I absolutely SECOND this suggestion! They have little hamburger sliders cooked over charcoal and they are AWESOME! They also serve hotdogs, quesidillas, salsa & chips. The BBQ is set up just next to the lanai with a lot of tables & chairs. We would go just inside those doors, and there is also a "make your own salad" station. They have one guy working there, and its only set up for lunch. You choose your greens, meats, and a from a wide assortment of toppings & cheeses. They have a good assortment of dressings. We would get a salad & then go get the sliders. Best lunch on the ship!

My husband played dodge ball every sea day at 10AM in the basketball court. By the end of the week, it had become a spectator's event! It was a lot of fun to watch them play. My husband even got MVP for the week! (And he's 54 yrs old - so he was pretty proud of that!) He also had fun playing the bean bag & ring toss - outside of the Red Frog Pub, by the Lanai every day, and he got a medal for that too.

I went to the spa one day (first time I've ever done that) and got the tip-to-toe massage. It was pretty awesome.

If a good show is going to be in the theater, it is best to go in early to get the seats you want, otherwise you'll be found sitting behind poles, or so high you might as well not be there. Plus, you can enjoy playing some of the games they have going on in the theater before the show.

Go early to the comedy club - it fills up fast, and its not a very big theater.

The Aft pool is the quietest place to sit and relax in the deck chairs - away from the noisy Lido deck. And, there is food really close by so you don't have to walk as far to get food or drink.

There is a "taste bar" set up in the Ocean Plaza during the evening that I didn't discover until the last night. :( They have free samples - appetizer type things. You just have to go ask for one. They also have beautiful desserts & coffees there, but they are at an extra price. The taste bar is free.

Edited by 2Okies

The chocolate chip cookies that they have at the desert counter in Ocean plaza are very good.You have to buy them but they are freshly baked.The serenity deck is great on sea days but you have to get there early, 9 or 10.00 to get a space.We liked the round white cushions for twoIf you drink sodas buy a soda card the first day.If you want to eat in the steakhouse reserve it before you get on board, it fills up and you have to get on a wait list.Take a sticker or something to put on your cabin door so it is easier to find.It can be confusing.If they have the wine and food pairing in the steakhouse go.It is great.They have good showers in the spa .:mad:

Lots of great tips so far.

Here's another: go all the way forward on deck 10/Lido, starboard and exit the door on the right. It looks like it goes to a crew area, but there is a second door that leads outside. You will find yourself immediately above the bridge with an excellent view forward and down both sides of the ship. Hardly anyone goes there and it's such a pretty place.

I went at night once and it was so dark it was sort of eerie.

Be warned, it is very windy there when the ship is under way. But it's worth it, I think. It's a great place to stand as you are pulling into port.

On the Breeze I had to wait 30 minutes for the C-side bbq, and it was just ok..and besides that there were no drinks, forcing you to either stay dry of buy a can of soda!

That is true. No free drinks out there. I took it upstairs to lido to get a free drink.

The Breeze's BBQ is different than the Magic's. On the Breeze, they are not allowed to serve burgers or hot dogs or quesadillas or salsa & chips at the lanai BBQ. Those food items have been branded to Guys, Blue Iguana, or the hot dog stand. Only those places are allowed to serve those food items, so the BBQ on Breeze does not have good options. But on the Magic, they don't have those branded places, so the BBQ serves all those things, and they are good.

Those awesome waterslides are NOT for kids only. Adults can ride them all they want!!! My goal is always 100 total rides throughout the week, and I'm sure I've done that each time.

The comedy club is extremely tiny, much smaller than on the Dream and .

k2, compared to many of us your are a kid :)

Hope you and you mom are doing well

I'm going in June with my family. All of whom are first time cruisers. Any tips to calm their nerves? Or things to tell them about the entertainment. My daughter will be 18, my son 16, and my other son is 12. And then there's my hubby.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Forums mobile app

I'm going in June with my family. All of whom are first time cruisers. Any tips to calm their nerves? Or things to tell them about the entertainment. My daughter will be 18, my son 16, and my other son is 12. And then there's my hubby.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Forums mobile app

I highly recommend the family-friendly comedy shows. Get there early, because the comedy lounge is small, but it's worth the wait. Also, be sure to get them the Bottomless Bubbles cards. Kids love the freedom that gives them.

And, even if the two younger ones resist, register them for Circle C and Club O2. Then make them go the first night. That is how the kids meet each other and form little posses of fun and friendship for the rest of the cruise.

It will be a little tougher for the 18-year-old, but the pool areas and the dance club are great places to hang out and meet people.

Chances are they will all make friends and you will never see them except for pre-arranged command performance dinners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I highly recommend the family-friendly comedy shows. Get there early, because the comedy lounge is small, but it's worth the wait. Also, be sure to get them the Bottomless Bubbles cards. Kids love the freedom that gives them.

And, even if the two younger ones resist, register them for Circle C and Club O2. Then make them go the first night. That is how the kids meet each other and form little posses of fun and friendship for the rest of the cruise.

It will be a little tougher for the 18-year-old, but the pool areas and the dance club are great places to hang out and meet people.

Chances are they will all make friends and you will never see them except for pre-arranged command performance dinners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed your way with words...

The best part of a Carnival cruise is finding the other families/solos having fun because the camaraderie is sincere at the big dinning table or kareoke or select places you have suggested etc.

Carnival families having a graduate is a group I found really fun and inclusive...often families do a cruise for someone getting ready for the big next step...hope the OP finds some of those...Sarah

Most importantly DONT MISS THE BOAT.

Made me laugh :)

Anyhow, I didn't go through all the messages, but I believe the first thing we always did when going on cruises was go to the lido and claim your seats while it's empty. Get them ASAP, because the first thing everyone wants to do is go lay out in the sun and swim and yadayadayada. Along the sides of the ships, I don't exactly recall on which deck, but there is hottubs and I rarely see many in them...they were deserted at sunset last time I went, and it was amazing to watch the sunset in a hottub! Whatever you do, don't miss the sunset.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Along the sides of the ships, I don't exactly recall on which deck, but there is hottubs and I rarely see many in them...they were deserted at sunset last time I went, and it was amazing to watch the sunset in a hottub! Whatever you do, don't miss the sunset.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Those would be on Deck 5 (Promenade), along the lanai. They set up deck chairs out there, and that lanai wraps around the entire ship on that deck. It's a very nice walk, close to the waterline. Looking out the front of the ship or the back is really nice on the lanai, especially at night. And yes, there are several hot tubs out there.

Side note for Candace: Love your signature. Help me make the music of the night. Coming to my hometown of Tulsa, April 2015!!!

Edited by k2excursion

:cool:It seems almost like a private balcony....but please try not to do anything too naughty because there are ov rooms that look out onto that deck.

:eek:My dh and I interrupted a couple that left a pair of panties behind.:what:

sent from my broken Samsung

Edited by itolduso