Is FTTF worht it in Charleston?

bherndon2112

I haven't cruised out of Charleston with the FTTF since they added it. I dont remember this port having a bunch of different lines and didn't know if it would be worth the money (we have 3 cabins so $150). Also our cruise docs say check in starts at 12:30 but with FTTF it says 11. Before I thought the shuttles from the parking didn't even run until 11:30. I am traveling with a group of 8 including a 2 year old and 3 year old so if it will really be much better I'll pay, but just wanted others who have used it in Charleston to chime in. Thank bunches!

In my experience at Charleston I would say "No". Unless having your room ready early is a big deal for you. We sailed last June with another couple. Wife and I in a suite so we had priorty boarding. The other couple did not, and we beat them on by maybe 5 minutes. They seem to really have in down pat in Charleston and we had no issues at all.

My wife and I are platinum and traveled there with another couple who were neither platinum nor FTTF. We arrived at the parking facility at 10:30 and were told to come back at 11:00. We did but there was a car line that was extremely long. By the time we got in, our friends had already eaten on the Lido deck and there was an immense crowd at the buffet. Our friends had come in a shuttle from their hotel. So, I would say no if you are parking.

I do not think it will be worth it in Charleston. The parking situation scrambles everything. We are platinum and boarded with everyone. When we got on the ship, we asked to go to our room early and were told they were not ready. I even pointed out that we were platinum, but the Carnival employee said no. I am not sure of your intineray, but if there is no tender stop, then it really will not be worth it.

I agree, not worth it from Charleston - but if you feel conflicted, how about doing it for one cabin? Ideally you have a combination where one parent might be able to take the two little ones (I'm pretty sure they would let a parent take both even if one was in another cabin).

You'll all be together soon enough, and this will give you one cabin where you can all park your stuff since they generally do have these ready for plat and FTTF on boarding at Charleston.