What's going on in New Orleans on April 3?

pebblesjns

I am trying to book a hotel for a night on our way to Port Canaveral for the Dream repositioning cruise. I am hoping to find a hotel with a cruise package since we are leaving our car for the week and will be picking up a rental car in New Orleans for a night to drive to Florida. I've been checking rates and several places I've checked have no availability for April 3. I can't figure out what is going on in New Orleans that would cause hotels to book up on a random Thursday night in April. Am I missing something?

Wrestlemania is in town that weekend. Making all hotels stupid expensive or already booked. We are leaving on the Serenade from New Orleans that weekend. Good Luck

Were you able to find anything decent? I'm trying to find something for my two sisters for the night of April 5 with no luck! :(

No, we couldn't justify the outrageously high prices since we are driving from Ohio. Decided to stay about 1/2 hour outside city and drive in day of embarkation. We have friends staying in the French Quarter the night before and they are paying close to $400 for a hotel on the 4th. Good Luck.

There is also a teachers convention in town that weekend. We will be driving from Illinois for the Sunshine repo cruise on the 6th. Decieded to visit Nashville, visit a relative in Alabama, and relax for a few days pre cruise in Florida. Then fly to NO for the cruise. The hotel prices are outragous in NO.