waterPROOF eyeliner & mascara!

kris2cruise

I second this! Love her mascara and eyeliner!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I also agree with the previous posters who enjoy Mally products. She makes great cosmetics and the prices on QVC are affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For eyeliner, try Stila Smudgestick Waterproof eyeliner! That stuff is incredible, and does not move. Plus it's a twist up, so you don't have to worry about taking a sharpener. Plus there are sooooo many different shades. I only have it in Lionfish and Stingray, but plan on getting more. Stingray is my favorite black eyeliner.

Edited by ClassyGame

Hi ladies! I'm not a "regular" on these boards but I just booked my second cruise so I am starting to look at the message boards again. A few years ago I discovered "tubing" mascaras. Loreal has one--it's called Double Extend Beauty Tubes. I think Clinique has one as well, but the Loreal one is just as good. Tubing mascara is different from regular mascara--it does not run or smudge. It forms a little "tube" around your lashes, and the only way to get it off is with WARM water (cold water won't touch it--which is why it is PERFECT for the pool or the beach!) When it does come off, it comes off in pieces--doesn't turn into a liquid. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but I have found that it is the best for avoiding that "raccoon eyes" look.

Edited by laneyliz

Based on a reply here I'm buying some dye and giving it a whirl! I've never tried it before but that's because I've read all of the "you could go blind," stories that apparently originated from the 80's when the formulas were different.

I'm cruising in three weeks. I'll order from Amazon tonight, receive by Tuesday and hope to try it out that night. I've read a number of good reviews and seen a few youtube videos so I'm optimistic! If it works well, I'll re-dye before the trip to be sure it still looks good! I am not expecting the same as mascara because I don't see how dye can all FULLNESS but I think it might be OK for daytime in the sun! Wish me luck!

I wish you lots of luck and a great cruise!:D Please come back and tell us how it worked out for you!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi ladies! I'm not a "regular" on these boards but I just booked my second cruise so I am starting to look at the message boards again. A few years ago I discovered "tubing" mascaras. Loreal has one--it's called Double Extend Beauty Tubes. I think Clinique has one as well, but the Loreal one is just as good. Tubing mascara is different from regular mascara--it does not run or smudge. It forms a little "tube" around your lashes, and the only way to get it off is with WARM water (cold water won't touch it--which is why it is PERFECT for the pool or the beach!) When it does come off, it comes off in pieces--doesn't turn into a liquid. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but I have found that it is the best for avoiding that "raccoon eyes" look.

I totally agree with you on the l'oreal water proof mascaras. I'm in the gym daily and an a two towel sweatererererer!! I've been using Latise for 2 years now. The combination is killer.

They work very well, but you must use a remover for waterproof mascara, or by the end of the month you won't have any lashes left. Don't fudge it, spend the money.

Luck to all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Both of these are on the more expensive side, but I wear waterproof products on a regular basis because everything else smudges! I swear by Givenchy' phenomen'eyes mascara and makeup for ever eyeliner (though, to be fair, I don't wear eyeliner very often).

I love this! Works like nothing I have ever tried before and at less than 9 bucks at Walmart it's a winner for me!