Good places to eat around the Intercontinental

emtnmare2

Staying at the Intercontinental in May before a cruise. Looking for recommendations on places to eat at the Bayside or in the area. Looking for low key places with good food. Thanks for your help.

I would just walk over to Bayside and checkout some of the menus posted to see what piques your interest. We've had good luck at Lombardi's for dinner and Mambo's Cafe for lunch.

If you want to spend a little more the restaurant inside the Intercontinental - Toro Toro - is surprisingly very good.

We ate at the Latin American Cafe last time we stayed at the Intercontinental. We had outdoor seating with a great view of the marina. The food was good and the mojitos were excellent!

Agree. I love staying at the Interconteniental and walking down to Bayside and eating or grabbing drinks at the open air eateries. Lots of places to choose from from pizza to seafood to latin as suggested....ummmm from what I remember of the Latin place recommended above. *ehem* LOL :o

As mentioned Bayside is primarily chains and tourist type of food.

If you like to walk, go to Mary Brickell Village which is about a 15 minute walk from the Intercontinental. You will find around 30 restaurants there and the quality will be much nicer than Bayside.

Keith

miamiyogi, wonder if we have ever run into each other out and about in Brickell!

Very possible - I live on the 1900 Block of Brickell, and I am averse to driving, so I am always walking, trollying, transiting, car2going, etc.

I also haven't met many cocktails that I didnt like.