Half Moon Cay - Camp Carnival question

lvetocruise2012

I posted this on the private island board with no response so I'm am hoping to get an answer here.

Does Camp Carnival have planned activities on HMC for 4-6 year olds?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Check out the "activities" section:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=531

But no Camp Carnival on HMC.

They probably can't take the kids off the ship, even on the private island. They don't have enough adults to manage off-site bathroom visits, no access to dry clothes in case of potty training accident, or if a child becomes ill, gets injured, etc. like they do on board.

On board, staff are added as more kids arrive to provide adequate coverage, it'd be hard to manage ashore as parents randomly drop off kids during the day.

Also hard to keep track of which kids are in the program and which are with parents in an open play area -- what if one wandered off with a friend he made on board?

They'd also have to have the kids all sunscreened up for the day (and reapply), provide swimmies/floaties, all that stuff. On board, this age group probably doesn't even go to the pool.

SOLUTION

You might opt to spend the morning with the kids at the beach, and then bring them back to the ship to spend the afternoon out of the sun, and perhaps take a nap in the cool zone. The tenders run pretty often.

Is there a play area there for the kids? I know on other cruise lines private islands, there is a section of the island just for children.

Yes, you'll need to supervise your child(ren) while they're there. There aren't any counselors or anything.

I tried to find you some pics, i found a couple. Not the best pics but something.

This was the water slide. There were 2 of these.

hmc1_zps1603291e.jpg

This was the slide at the playground. The playground was cool, it had some wooden ships and swings.

hmc2_zps111cc6c8.jpg

And in this one you can see the sprinkler thing in the back

hmc4_zps99485eb9.jpg

I tried to find you some pics, i found a couple. Not the best pics but something.

This was the water slide. There were 2 of these.

hmc1_zps1603291e.jpg

This was the slide at the playground. The playground was cool, it had some wooden ships and swings.

hmc2_zps111cc6c8.jpg

And in this one you can see the sprinkler thing in the back

hmc4_zps99485eb9.jpg

Ok Great. This is what I was hoping becuase I wanted the kids to play and be as loud as they wanted in and area without disturbing others around them.

Yes, perfect place! We've been to many ports and this is by far our favorite with the kids. We actually booked our cruise in April based on which ships were sailing to HMC. The kids were able to just run and let out energy. This area with the water slides and sprinkler had most of the kids. The people who wanted to be away from the noise moved down the beach.

HMC only has space for Club HAL on the island... and it's supposed to be a pretty decent facility. I wish they'd let Carnival use it since it is the same company and all, but no.

HMC was great for a beach day, we snorkeled and relaxed and it was a pretty laid back day, we did the sting ray thing there which was great. i wasn't sure what to expect when we went there (first time i had been to a lines' private island) but was pleasantly surprised with all the things there was to do with my then-6 year old. we really had a great time. definitely bring beach toys!!!