Question about Saving Money

I have a question that may be a little bit strange; however I must ask.... A couple of years ago I was looking over the Cruise Critic boards and came across some families looking for others to "group" together some rooms on the same ship to get a better rate. When it was all said and done, they had 14 families that booked with 1 single travel agent and everyone split the savings between them. We didn't have to do anything but contact the travel agent; it really made a difference. My question is, does anyone do that now? If so, where would you look for it? I found my group in this forum. Any help would be appreciated. :)

I think you started the right way. I would advertize what cruise you are looking at on here and see if others are interested. Probably too late to do it on a roll call as most people there have confirmed bookings only. Maybe speak to some local TA's to see if they know of others interested in doing the same. Typically you book 10 or so rooms and the tenth is free so you split the savings on the last room. How the money changes hands or if the line just charges each room 90% of the cost to even it out is beyond my expertise. Good luck.

We are looking to travel on the Carnival Dream during Thanksgiving week. Last time we traveled on the Conquest during Thanksgiving and saved over $280 per room, and received some nice bonuses. :D If anyone is interested in the Carnival Dream out of New Orleans, November 23, let me know. I have already contacted my travel agent that has helped us before, and she said she would work something up depending on the number of cabins. If anyone has any other hints or tips please pass them on...... Thanks

We are looking to travel on the Carnival Dream during Thanksgiving week. Last time we traveled on the Conquest during Thanksgiving and saved over $280 per room, and received some nice bonuses. :D If anyone is interested in the Carnival Dream out of New Orleans, November 23, let me know. I have already contacted my travel agent that has helped us before, and she said she would work something up depending on the number of cabins. If anyone has any other hints or tips please pass them on...... Thanks

I'm part of a group on that sailing if you are interested in joining our group.