Liquor costs on island

Sky616

First question is how much can my wife and I take home with us from our cruise. We will be on Oasis of the Seas later this year. Also can anyone give me some recent prices they paid for liquor? Mainly rum, Kahlua, vodka, etc. Trying to figure out what I want to buy and what I'll be paying.

Apparently no one who reads these forums drinks. lol. I've been looking for information as well. I do know that you can take 6 bottles per person as long as one is made in US VI (ie Barcardi Rum made in San Juan). I found a website shoptalkvi . com that has a little information on duty free shopping, but no pricing. I tried to send message, but not sure if it went through or if they still exist to Dynasty Dazzlers (you can also find this online by googling Dynasty Duty Free).

First question is how much can my wife and I take home with us from our cruise. We will be on Oasis of the Seas later this year. Also can anyone give me some recent prices they paid for liquor? Mainly rum, Kahlua, vodka, etc. Trying to figure out what I want to buy and what I'll be paying.

If you are going to st. Maarten get your booze there. Way way cheaper then st Thomas. We always bring back 6 bottles from there. Just bubble wrap them in checked luggage.

First off, I doubt the prices in St Maartan are "way, way cheaper".

That being said here are today prices for liquor for St Thomas: These were at KMart which is a short walk from the cruise ship dock in Havensight.

(all prices for liters)

Kahlua = $13.99

Bacardi Rum = $9.49

Cruzan Rum = $6.99 (Virgin Island rum much better then Bacardi)

Stoli Vodka = $9.99

Absolut Vodka = $13.99

Grey Goose Vodka = $24.99

Cruzan Flavored Rums = $8.99 ( mango, coconut, vanilla etc etc)

Captain Morgan = $13.99 (bottled in St Croix)

Dewars White Label = $13.99

Jim Beam Bourban = $9.99

Every time I go to other islands and compare them to VI, I see beverages offered in smaller container sizes than on the VI. PR had Cokes in 11 oz bottles instead of 12. Other islands (including St Martin) had some beers in, I think, 7 oz bottles.

I know at one point some liquor on St Thomas was sold in 750 ml bottles instead of liters. You really have to make sure to double check the size.

No....but that is where all Carnival ships dock

Not entirely true. Carnival ships usually dock at WICO (Havensight) but occasionally a Carnival ship will be docked in Crown Bay. For cruisers on Carnival Glory calling on St. Thomas on March 26th and April 9th the ship is currently scheduled to tie up in Crown Bay. Hope this helps with planning your day.

If you are at the Havensight dock, KMart is a ten minute walk. Once you get off the ship, you go left to Wendy's and the traffic light and continue heading the same direction on Rt 313. You will run into KMart on the left side of the street.

havensight-map-2004.gif

Edited by lostdart1

If you are at the Havensight dock, KMart is a ten minute walk. Once you get off the ship, you go left to Wendy's and the traffic light and continue heading the same direction on Rt 313. You will run into KMart on the left side of the street.

havensight-map-2004.gif

Thank you for the directions AND MAP. :D

I use a litre of GG vodka as my standard of comparison,

Pueblo $31.95

Food Center $29.95

K-Mart $29.95

Gourmet Galley $28.95

K&L (internet) $49.99

Could you give directions to Gourmet Galley please and thank you. :D

Could you give directions to Gourmet Galley please and thank you. :D

Look on the map in this thread. The bldgs are marked in Roman Numerals. If you look at bldg VI Gourmet Galley is in that bldg exactly where the "E" in entrance is.