Just off the Sky!

lilly_and_hunter

My husband and I are sitting in the Miami airport after 4 nights on the Sky.

It was a wonderful vacation! No complaints from us at all. I would take this exact cruise again in a heartbeat. I will post a full review once I'm home and on my laptop.

There are so many mixed reviews of the Sky that I was a bit nervous. So happy we took this cruise. Great fun! Great memories! Great crew! Sunshine and warm weather.

NCL Sky gets a thumbs up from us!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Looking ff to your review! We sail on the Sky for the 3 day in April and like you have minor concerns because of mixed reviews.

Our biggest concern is that it will be a big drunk all weekend as I read on a couple of threads that people consider it a Party cruise.

As long as we can find places that are quieter away from the partying we will be fine.

If you can address that in your review I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Still sitting at the airport :)

Not at all a total party cruise. Just as much drinking on the Disney Dream (cruised this in February 2012) as on the Sky. Lots of quiet spots to find. There was a huge range of passengers.... families with babies, singles, young couples, girls trip, middle aged, and older passengers. It was a balance of all.

Let your worries go.... this ship and the crew was wonderful!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

I too look forward to your review. We are contemplating 4 nite Bahama cruise on the Sky or 4 nite Bahama on Majesty. Haven't cruised either of these lines before (all 9 previous cruises with Princess and Celebrity). Anyone with info for me regarding these two ships, I would certainly appreciate. I am also a little concerned about a 4 day being a "party cruise" and although I love kids, don't want it overrun with them either.

We enjoyed the Sky and NCL so much I came home and booked 3 more NCL cruises! So glad you had a good time! Your right-all the reviews I read before going had me nervous as well....but it was so much fun! Same thing is happening with our next cruise in April on the Epic-going with an open mind and I Love cruising so I'm sure we will have a wonderful time on her too!

Can't wait to read your review.:D

Yeah, I was also mystified at some of the negative reviews. We got on a few hours after you got off, and just returned from a delightful weekend.

As for quiet, I chose not to go into Nassau since I'd been-there-done-that so many times. I sat in the Outrigger Lounge and read and wrote in my journal, all alone for an hour in that glorious space at the very front of Deck 11.

I was particularly dismayed at the negative reviews of the buffet. Because there is a port every day on the short cruises and some of my party had excursions, we knew we would not have time for leisurely meals and would end up grabbing food at the buffet. It was fine. There was always a carving station, and the beef tenderloin was excellent. I appreciated the wide variety of desserts, and especially enjoyed the crepe station, and the warm desserts served next to the ice cream (convenient for a la mode), including an amazing berry crumble and "queen's pudding" custard.

We just got off the Sky today for their 4 day and we enjoyed it thoroughly. I was with all of you about the reviews. I was nervous but the reviews were proved VERY wrong. :) My review will be up in a few days as well, although I already submitted the main review to CC.

• 2 weeks later...

Leaving on Sky in a few weeks, first cruise, really looking forward to your review and tips you may have!

I see people discussing spring break/party time on cruises... When is spring break in the states, do I need to worry about oodles of college kids being on the Sky at end of March? (March 31-April 4). Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I see people discussing spring break/party time on cruises... When is spring break in the states, do I need to worry about oodles of college kids being on the Sky at end of March? (March 31-April 4). Thanks!

I don't think you need to worry, but most likely if some colleges are on holiday on that week, there will be a lot of spring breakers on your cruise - shorter cruises attract them a lot more than longer ones (with 7 nights being the maximum they usually can take).