Nassau/Cable beach

allilivesay

My mother and I are going to Nassau on a cruise ship the first week of June. I have heard great things about cable beach. Is this a good place and safe place to visit for me and her? I'm 24 and she is 51. Let me know if you have been there. We are thinking of riding the jitney. A lot cheaper. How often does the jitney run? How was your experience? Was it worth it or have you been to other places that are just as nice? Thanks y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My mother and I are going to Nassau on a cruise ship the first week of June. I have heard great things about cable beach. Is this a good place and safe place to visit for me and her? I'm 24 and she is 51. Let me know if you have been there. We are thinking of riding the jitney. A lot cheaper. How often does the jitney run? How was your experience? Was it worth it or have you been to other places that are just as nice? Thanks y'all!

Cable beach hotels all have day passes and are a great place to visit.

All have amenities, such as restrooms, bar/grill/ pools, towels, loungers, security and lifeguards. Non-motorized sports are usually included as well.

If you are thinking about the public beaches, they are not maintained, have no amenities, no security, no restrooms, chairs or anything else. They are just a stretch of native beach. Usually with noone else around. With crime as it is these days, i don't recommend being anywhere where there are no other people.

Day passes are the best and safest way to to these days.

Jitneys run every few minutes (no set schedule) from 6am - 6:30pm

Cable beach hotels all have day passes and are a great place to visit.

All have amenities, such as restrooms, bar/grill/ pools, towels, loungers, security and lifeguards. Non-motorized sports are usually included as well.

If you are thinking about the public beaches, they are not maintained, have no amenities, no security, no restrooms, chairs or anything else. They are just a stretch of native beach. Usually with noone else around. With crime as it is these days, i don't recommend being anywhere where there are no other people.

Day passes are the best and safest way to to these days.

Jitneys run every few minutes (no set schedule) from 6am - 6:30pm

Thanks! I'm just wanting to go the beach for a few hours. And we are there from 7-5. Can we go to cable beach and not pay for a day pass?

Thanks! I'm just wanting to go the beach for a few hours. And we are there from 7-5. Can we go to cable beach and not pay for a day pass?

Yes, the public path goes to the native beach. (you may be the only ones on this beach.)

You can't use the hotel or timeshare beaches without paying.