I am giddy! 1st Suite!

Medtech2

So, I have had quite the saga concerning my upcoming Getaway cruise. I went from an inside to a bump out balcony. Gained/Lost OBC. Lost Latitude points(lost original over 9 month booking date), had great/horrible customer service, you name it.

Today I read a thread about suite pricing going lower on the Getaway. Start playing around and obsessing yet again.

OMG! I took the plunge! After figuring out added OBC, taking away having to buy Spa passes, it turned out to be only $430 total more for the week for both of us to go into a Spa Suite, with Haven access. I am just giddy!

And what is really funny is my booking really has turned into quite the file, as the PCC I called read all the "notes" attached to my reservation number from all the drama surrounding past changes...

A Suite....

Funny, when we first booked the Epic for our 25th wedding anniversary in 2010 the TA tried to get us into a Spa Suite and I declined, opting for 2 weeks in a regular balcony for the price of 1 week in the Spa Suite.

Woot, woot! Now, if DH would be just as excited, lol. He just patted me on the head and said, "whatever you want, dear." He's Kray-Kray...:D

Wow! That sounds fabulous! We had something similar happen on our Celebrity Med cruise - had an inside cabin booked, saw a deal online, called, got an upgrade to an Oceanview and actually got money back!

Have a great trip :)

Just did the same here, booked a S5 Haven suite for August. Already had my third Royal Oasis class booked, but with the deal I got in the S5 plus the drink/dining package the cost is about the same (and I only had a regular balcony on the Oasis).

My first suite, and first time back on NCL since the inaugural Epic Miami cruise. I remember peering over the divider on the Epic to see the suite courtyard; now I get to try it myself.

Did you just pay with Amax and get the OBC or booked through AMAX. We were on Celebrity Reflection a year ago and paid everything with AMAX using my TA. We had a suite but read on CC a problem with it so contacted TA and X upgraded us to Aqua Suite and all the sudden $300 OBC showed up. Thought it was because of the suite issue. Was on Oasis last month paid all with AMAX with a suite and no OBC. We are Platinum card holders.

Did you call AMAX and ask for OBC?

According to the PCC there is occassionally an AMEX offer through NCL and this is the one we re-booked under. However AMEX itself also had offers through it's website and booking through it's TA's. 2 different programs and methods of participating. I have just learned that, if the offer comes up through NCL I have easily covered my a$$ by using it for my deposit...

Medtech2 - when are you on the Getaway??

I hope you will do a review like you did for our Breakaway cruise. *fingers crossed* We aren't on the Getaway until next February! :/

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

You should come on this one! And I hope to do a review. I do them for selfish reasons. It forces me to keep a travelogue and organize my pics! Plus, I really enjoy reading other's reviews. It helps with the down time between my own!

Now, if I could get just as excited about our timeshare points....I think the only way that is going to happen is to try an AI, but cruises are so much more cost-effective :)

Hello everyone,

seems like there are lots of "suiters" here so I will ask a qustion. We just booked a spa suite for April 27th on the BReakaway. I have read several different things...so for those who have at spa suites do you have access to the Haven? Also is it just use of the spa facilities that come with the suite and massages are an extra cost?

Thanks for setting me staight.

Hello everyone,

seems like there are lots of "suiters" here so I will ask a qustion. We just booked a spa suite for April 27th on the BReakaway. I have read several different things...so for those who have at spa suites do you have access to the Haven? Also is it just use of the spa facilities that come with the suite and massages are an extra cost?

Thanks for setting me staight.

Yes, you get Haven access and yes, access to Spa but massages (and any other treatments) are extra....

Medtech,

if you are not fibbing to me -- you have made my day....I was excited about the pricing and the spa access..DH not so much, when he learns we have access to the Haven he will be happy.

This will be a nice trial run for our family cruise in December when we are in the Haven!

No I can stop hunting the internet for an answer and go to bed.

Thanks!

Edited by agargoyle

One our upcoming June cruise on the Getaway we also went from a balcony cabin to a spa cabin and now after a big price drop on Haven cabins we are in a spa suite! Super excited! With the unlimited dining and drink package it was too good of a deal to pass up. This will be our first time on NCL, first suite and I don't know how we'll be able to go back to regular balcony cabins.

Hi,

I just re-read my post and I said spa suite -- but what we have is a spa balcony -- so does that allow access to the Haven?

No access to the haven with the spa balcony. Your category has to start with an "S" in order to get Haven access.

The category has to start with an 'S' and have a number after that- usually 1 - 7 or so to access the Haven.

Suites with SE or SF identifiers do not have Haven access. They have larger rooms, butlers, canapés, coffee maker, priority tendering, etc.

Have experienced Haven both on the Breakaway and the Gem within the past six months. Worth every penny if you can do it. Breakaway has more Haven amenities including its own lounge and restaurant, and a light lunch menu served by the pool area.

Enjoy!

Ok, so I'm going to sound like a newbie here.....I'm diamond on RCCL and have cruised the Epic 3x....I was always just happy to get a studio, which I've read sells out the fastest of any category. Well, after trolling the boards here, I got my studio upgraded to a large balcony! I've never been upgraded before since I'm a solo cruiser. So, here's my questions: does this happen frequently on NCL? Does it happen on other lines? Is there a strategy ? Do I lose the other perks, like dinner in a Cagneys, yet gain new perks, like UDP? (Feel greedy here) ...and why is this happening on the Getaway? It's never happened to me on the Epic. Thanks for taking the time....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We took our first NCL cruise last June and since we were celebrating my milestone birthday, I decided that we should stay in a suite. It was great. We often had the courtyard to ourselves so it was very relaxing. Breakfast in Cagneys was good--could not get enough of the muesli. Our next cruise will be in 2015 but I don't want to sail on NCL if I'm not in a suite. :)