Beds on the Diamond - orientation in cabin?

knippsel

Hope someone has the answer to this:

Diamond Princess - Oceanview cabins on Emerald Deck (obstructed, etc.)

Is the head of the bed under the window or on the wall? I'm trying to find one with the bed on the wall, not under the window, for motion issues.

The illustrations on the Princess website just say that "Your stateroom's view will differ from what is shown here."

So far it looks like any oceanview cabin that will accommodate 4 people, the head of the bed is under the window. But if a cabin only holds 2, will the bed be along the wall on the Diamond? (That was our experience in obstructed OVs on the Grand.) Right now we're looking at E633 or E409 or similar on the Diamond.

If anyone knows, or knows how we can find out for certain, we'd really appreciate the info.

Thanks!

Hope someone has the answer to this:

Diamond Princess - Oceanview cabins on Emerald Deck (obstructed, etc.)

Is the head of the bed under the window or on the wall? I'm trying to find one with the bed on the wall, not under the window, for motion issues.

The illustrations on the Princess website just say that "Your stateroom's view will differ from what is shown here."

So far it looks like any oceanview cabin that will accommodate 4 people, the head of the bed is under the window. But if a cabin only holds 2, will the bed be along the wall on the Diamond? (That was our experience in obstructed OVs on the Grand.) Right now we're looking at E633 or E409 or similar on the Diamond.

If anyone knows, or knows how we can find out for certain, we'd really appreciate the info.

Thanks!

Hello. I don't know the answer to your question, but what you said about your cabin on the Grand intrigues me. We are going on the Grand to Hawaii and this is the first time in an obstructed cabin. Someone posted recently a picture of an obstructed cabin on the Grand, Emerald Deck, and the bed was on the side wall. I was trying to see if our cabin was configured that way too so I called Princess. Can I just say our Cruise Critic friends know more answers than Princess? They didn't have a clue, even after calling other departments. So I ask you, what cabin were you in on the Grand where the bed was on the side wall? We have E517 and I would love it if it was that way. We're going to keep our cabin, but I'm so curious.

I wish we could compile a list of obstructed cabins on different ships that have the bed on the side wall. I know about the site for the views from the obstructed cabins, now I'm on a quest like you are.

I hope you get an answer to your question.

Thanks.

On the Sapphire, the beds are under the window and the Diamond is her sister ship. So, I can say with certainty that the bed(s) are under the window, not against the side.

Maybe Theo can be persuaded to add comments to his website that would include whether the bed is against the wall or window.

Edited by Pam in CA

Thanks, Pam. Looks like we may have to re-think a 27-day trip with that arrangement.

Thanks for the link rdsqrl. It does help to see it more clearly. We like to read and look out the window in our cabin, and I'm well beyond being able to sit in on the windowsill to look out!

Sasha's Mom: We were in E631 on the Grand and it was along the wall. Farther forward, in the 400s, I think, there were some of quads with beds under the window, but I asked one of the stewards if most of the beds were along the wall on Emerald, and he said yes. So I can't say for 100% certain, but E517 probably has the bed along the wall. FWIW all the true oceanviews on Deck 5 have the bed under the window.

I think you're question has been answered for the most part. We were on the Diamond over this past New Year's. We had E 218, 216 and 214. All had the head of the beds against the wall with the window, foot toward the cabin door. Two of our rooms were configured for twin beds and one for a queen, but they were all oriented the same way.

I think you're question has been answered for the most part. We were on the Diamond over this past New Year's. We had E 218, 216 and 214. All had the head of the beds against the wall with the window, foot toward the cabin door.

I am confused, the head was against the wall and the foot was toward the door? Was it an L shaped bed? :eek:

I think you're question has been answered for the most part. We were on the Diamond over this past New Year's. We had E 218, 216 and 214. All had the head of the beds against the wall with the window, foot toward the cabin door. Two of our rooms were configured for twin beds and one for a queen, but they were all oriented the same way.

I am confused, the head was against the wall and the foot was toward the door? Was it an L shaped bed? :eek:

Red colored quoted text should eliminate your confusion.

On the Sapphire, the beds are under the window and the Diamond is her sister ship. So, I can say with certainty that the bed(s) are under the window, not against the side.

Maybe Theo can be persuaded to add comments to his website that would include whether the bed is against the wall or window.

I emailed Theo the other day before I even saw this post and suggested it. He liked the idea but is busy with the Royal pictures right now. If people wanted to give their input on their experience, I'd be happy to keep a running list and maybe Theo can just add it later when he has time. I don't want to hijack this thread, I think I'll start a new one and see what comes of it.

(see you soon:))

Unlike the Grand-class ships, it looks like they're under the window on Emerald deck:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426180

Are you saying that all the Grand Class ships have the beds on the side wall? Can someone remind me which ships are the Grand Class. Is it the Ruby, Emerald and Crown?