Anyone Wakulla Suites Cocoa Beach?

James&Rob

Anyone stay at the Wakulla suites cocoa beach Ive been by this motel and it looks nice but on one of the online sites it has bad reviews but at trip advisor its sounds pretty good Please all you Imfo is appreciated Thanks in advance James

I have to admit it has been 3 years since I stayed here BUT I did spend every spring break at this hotel for probably 15-20 years! It is great if you have a large family. Two bedrooms with big closets, full kitchen, living room, dining room, nice pool with separate kiddie pool, nice deck on the beach. They have a gas grill that you can call the front desk and have moved to right in front of your room if you want to cook out fresh fish, hamburgers or whatever. My only suggestion is to be sure not to get a "front" room facing the road above the office ...too noisy! The rest of the rooms are courtyard and are very quiet. There is a grocery store just down the road, Ron Jons Surf Shop in walking distance, a couple fast food restaurants (Taco Bell, Burger King) close by. Any other questions just ask and I'll try to answer for you!

I loved this place growing up and I really hope it's still the same family run place it used to be because I plan on taking my family there once this "cruise thing" gets out of my system...LOL :D

I can't help you much because it's been over 25 years since I stayed there, but it was definitely a great property for extended stays at that time. If I correctly recall, we once had a small fiddler crab march across the living room carpet. Neatniks won't like that but, when you're a kid, that's way cool. Vintage Florida!

One thing I might add. It's my understanding that it is a completely smoke-free property now so, if you smoke (as does my girlfriend), you're SOL.

best,

John

~~~~~~~~

Mariner of the Seas, 11/05

Archived