Freedom dining?

pne1881

Was recently on Ventura in the Caribbean. Whilst on board, 2 restaurants were available for freedom dining in the evening meal restaurants. Looking at the med fly cruise options for the summer, does anyone know if this is to be extended, as, the new value prices offered by P&O suggest dinner arrangements won't be declared until on board? This concept may influence whether we book with P&O or not, or continue to accrue our loyalty with Costa Cruises.

Was recently on Ventura in the Caribbean. Whilst on board, 2 restaurants were available for freedom dining in the evening meal restaurants. Looking at the med fly cruise options for the summer, does anyone know if this is to be extended, as, the new value prices offered by P&O suggest dinner arrangements won't be declared until on board? This concept may influence whether we book with P&O or not, or continue to accrue our loyalty with Costa Cruises.

From what I've read about value fares, you get lower priority of your dining request, and so could potentially end up with something you don't want. So even if you requested Freedom dining, there is no guarantee that you'll get this, and you may be given fixed dining either early or late sitting.

Having Freedom dining is an important part of cruising for us, and we wouldn't be happy with fixed, but everyone is different. If booking your cruise depends on the dining you get, imagine the worse case scenario with dining that you could end up with, and if you're not happy with that, it may influence whether you take the risk of not.

Hope it works out for you.

I rang P&O yesterday, they have informed me that Ventura will be continuing with 2 restaurants on freedom dining all summer. Also, the charter flight from Manchester on 9 April to Venice, departs at 6.30 Am! The return flight from Venice leaves the airport at 11 Am!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Forums mobile app

…... the charter flight from Manchester on 9 April to Venice, departs at 6.30 Am! The return flight from Venice leaves the airport at 11 Am!

That's great - you will be on board in time for lunch!

It might be worth considering an airport hotel for the night before you fly - just be careful if you book a park and fly that you aren't required to park your car on the morning of the flight!

APH do a package with Bewleys where you park the car the evening before, then the car park bus takes you to the hotel. The hotel has a shuttle bus to the airport for the morning.

Crowne Plaza also do park and fly - your car either stays at the hotel, or they move it to the car park for you.

I really don't recommend the Britannia Country House hotel - while they are cheap, there is no proper car park security and patches of broken glass tell a story…..