Gate 1 River Cruise: Rhone/Saone River

Travrel

My husband and I are spending 3 weeks in France- 6 nights in Paris, 1 Lyon, 8 day river cruise, 1 night Avignon and 4 nights Nice. Does anyone have any experience with Gate 1 River Cruises, specifically this one? Cruise goes to Macon, Chalon sur Saone, Lyon, Avignon, and Arles. Also, after the cruise we have a private guide for 2 days in Avignon who will take us to places near there but missed on the cruise. Any suggestions for our itinerary will be greatly appreciated. We've been to Paris a couple of times but never to the rest of France. Thanks!

I am sure there is a very comprehensive review with a lot of photos of this cruise on CC but without the search function working it may be difficult to find. I know it was during the summer of 2013 and there was a broken lock that delayed part of the trip.

The review was very thorough and if you can find it, I am sure it will answer most of your queries.