Senior citizens - Priority boarding?

mnsweeps

I wonder what the question was about, it's too vague. A senior according to AARP is 55. Are the seniors in question just up in age, do they need assistance of a w/c, or just think a senior gets priority boarding? (and hoping to board early with them). If they need assist, well, that's another story. Maybe the OP will come back and fill us in.

Actually, per AARP, a senior is over 50 not 55. My hubby and I both have AARP and he is 53 and I am 52.

As for the Fun ships being more for younger, louder & more active - I call BS! My Mom and Dad have been on 2 cruises with us (now they are 72 & 78) and they love Carnival. Also, my Mom fell before the last cruise and cracked her pelvis in 2 places. She used a wheelchair and a walker off and on all cruise and she still had a blast. Not so much about age, loudness or activeness I would say.

I really don't know anyplace that allows healthy adults to jump a line. Maybe handicap, but that is not related to age. Senior "perks" are mostly for marketing reasons. Discount coffee, 10% meal, senior menu, all all marketing perks. The company benefits someway to bring in business and make money. Line jumping is no financial benefit, especially whith a company that charges a price for line jumping. Only cruise line that does.

I really don't know anyplace that allows healthy adults to jump a line. Maybe handicap, but that is not related to age. Senior "perks" are mostly for marketing reasons. Discount coffee, 10% meal, senior menu, all all marketing perks. The company benefits someway to bring in business and make money. Line jumping is no financial benefit, especially with a company that charges a price for line jumping. Only cruise line that does.

You're absolutely right. From my observations the only passengers allowed to board before PLATINUM are wedding parties and people in wheelchairs (temporarily disabled or handicapped).