Fascination questions

Cruisegirl6

Hello, I have been on the Fascination last year but do know every year they make changes, we have a few questions if you can help us.

1- does anybody have the mer menu to the 5 night cruise (we are doing key west and nassau)

2- what time did you board the ship

3- rumor has it they now have all stateroom available when you board so you can drop off luggage anybody found this to be true or not

4- what type of shows do they have now

5- we will be getting the cheers program what were your experiences positive/negative

6- I hope they still have the live band playing what is the name of the band

7- what was your most liked and least liked mer evening

8- what is your opinion regarding the buffet food

9- what time did the mer and buffet serve breakfast till

10- what was there to eat past 11pm and did they offer gluten free pizza?

Thank you!

We just got off the Fascination this morning! I'll try to answer some of your questions!

-We arrived around 1130-1140 and were onboard by noon. We did not have FTTF..there were people who'd gotten on board before us as well. Talked to a waiter in the MDR this morning and he said people start getting on at 11:15.

-The rooms weren't available immediately but pretty darn close. We were in our room by 12:30.

-There were 2 shows offered on board: Motor City (Motown music) and Divas. They showed each one a couple times, which was weird and overly repetitive to us. The comedians were good. They also had the Hasbro show which was pretty lame, IMO.

-We purchased Cheers and were very satisfied. The total cost for the 5 day cruise was $287 (I think...somewhere in the 280s). We loved having the flexibility to try new drinks. We recommend it fully. The bar waitress who sold it to us said it is only worth it if you plan to drink at least 5/6 drinks a day.

-The MDR was great. We had anytime dining and enjoyed it. We had a great waiter (Manu) in the Sensation the first night and requested him each night. Did not have to wait at all. Food was very tasty and they had great options.

-Pizza was 24 hours. The lido buffet was open til 1:30.am.

We really liked the Fascination!! She was the smallest ship I've been on but she really was a perfect size. Loved not having to deal with crowds. We were disappointed in the one (small) pool. There isn't a separate pool for the kids so there was lots of splashing and Marco Polo games going on.

Go see Tommy at the lido bar in the back of the ship (in the buffet). He works late nights and is FANTASTIC!

Edited by Dare2Believe

Fascination is my favorite CCL ship. We were on her last month and the shows, in fact all entertainment besides comics, were TERRIBLE. They were so bad I couldn't make it thru and actually left.

We had FTTF so our cabin was ready.

Favorite MDR night was elegant night. I found the most variety on the menu that night. Fascination still provide the best MDR experience I've had. Service is still great and the food always came hot and as ordered.

Thee is still a live band. No clue what the name is. They now have a solo guitarist/iPod player. He was absolutely terrible and the ship would've lost nothing if he was let go with the ballast water.

Overall I still love the ship, she's just the right size for me, but I was disappointed with the entertainment. For ME it was just cheap, poorly conceived and executed and there just wasn't enough of it. It was the first cruise I've been bored on. Bored is wrong word... I just spend more time in my cabin relaxing. Nothing wrong with that but I definitely would've spent more time out and about if the shows weren't so bad / they actually had something to watch each evening.

One bright spot for entertainment was the towel animal theater show. I thought it was hilarious! The best show on board by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your answers.

Anybody have the actual menu for the dinner in the MDR, also what are the buffets like for dinner what do they serve? We always dine at the specialty restaurants since this ship doesn't offer one we may just do things differently and attend the buffet dinner once or twice.

We went on her last year about 9 months ago, and that horrible guitarist is still there nooooooooo!!! Maybe somebody know the name of the band that plays sure hope they at least good lol.

I agree about the entertainment being fair quality in fact I don't recall in my past Carnival cruises of ever attending one show in the past 6 years! When we go on Royal Caribbean or NCL the entertaiment is a not to be missed, on Carnival we find it best to just miss it, in fact, I believe its the same entertainment as was on last years Fascination, no big deal for us we don't mind not having a decent show but we do like good comedians.

What exactly is the towel show?

This is not our main cruise for this year, we also find Carnival Fascination just a quick getaway for a very inexpensive cost and a quick half hour drive to the pier. :p

2- what time did you board the ship

Around 11:30am.

3- rumor has it they now have all stateroom available when you board so you can drop off luggage anybody found this to be true or not

My cabin was ready at 11:30 and I did not have FTTF. Was rather surprised.

4- what type of shows do they have now

Divas, Motor City.

5- we will be getting the cheers program what were your experiences positive/negative

I've had Cheers on the Fascination once. No problems at all.

Answered what I could above in red. I love the Fascination!