Cake from Carlos Bakery

iluvcruises

Has anyone ordered a cake from Carlos bakery on the Breakaway? We will be celebrating my daughter's 16th birthday on our cruise and would love to surprise her with a cake. Just wondering if I would have to do this is advance and if there is a price list somewhere. thanks for any info!

Has anyone ordered a cake from Carlos bakery on the Breakaway? We will be celebrating my daughter's 16th birthday on our cruise and would love to surprise her with a cake. Just wondering if I would have to do this is advance and if there is a price list somewhere. thanks for any info!

Sorry, I don't have a price list, but you can order 7 inch cakes on board. You can even order from your TV or from the touch screens located around the ship.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

We have done the party package a couple of times on NCL Epic.. They do a great job decorating the room and cake is included. You can order the package or just the cake online using MyNCL. go to the gifts tab after you login. You'll see photos of all cakes. Same price $49. For the party package or just the cake you should let them know the date and time for delivery. If you want to surprise her, arrange it to be set up while you are off the ship on an excursion or when you will be out of the room, maybe poolside. Also it's pretty cool to have her birthday mentioned on one of the dailies Do this at guest services on your first day. Cost may be about $15-$20. This is a lasting souvenir she can share with her friends.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I had a bday cake from Carlo's bakery while on the BA. It was delicious. It was around $50 with the gratuity charge. The cake was delicious. We will be ordering another cake from there bc we'll be on the BA again for my bday. My bf ordered it while onboard.

image.jpg.d29759454313a6ea7849690e41401089.jpg

I remember seeing an option to order cakes from Carlos in my "gifts and more" section of the vacation summary on NCL. It is not there now, but that is probably because that option closes out close to sailing. They had the oreo cake, a mousse cake and a bunch of decorated fondant cakes.

I remember seeing an option to order cakes from Carlos in my "gifts and more" section of the vacation summary on NCL. It is not there now, but that is probably because that option closes out close to sailing. They had the oreo cake, a mousse cake and a bunch of decorated fondant cakes.

We are about 30 days out from our cruise, and the option still appears. They have pictures of the all the cakes. Beautiful! I didnt see any prices though. Maybe I had to click on something???? Cant imagine them not posting prices.

We are about 30 days out from our cruise, and the option still appears. They have pictures of the all the cakes. Beautiful! I didnt see any prices though. Maybe I had to click on something???? Cant imagine them not posting prices.

I was looking at those cakes as well to order one for our anniversary on our upcoming Gem cruise, but there were no prices, and the website wouldn't let me order it.

I called NCL, and they apologized that the information is not accurate, and that those cakes are only available for folks to pre-order on the Breakaway or Getaway.

From what they said, you have to order at least 10 days before sailing. I didn't ask any more details since I couldn't order it on the Gem anyway.

This is very odd! It just showed up in my options, on my "myncl" account. I am 20 days to sailing...and further, I thought this bakery was only on new(er) ships. I am booked on the Star....In my account, I can see the whole range available, with photos and where it would show pricing, it shows "0.00". If I choose one, and scroll down, it says it is not available until my cruise is paid for in full and to contact my TA .... wha????:confused:

LOL...on another thread, we were talking about St. Pat's day and the OP wanted to know if there was anything special planned...that's why I know this, because I responded with a photo of the St. Patty's Day cake (which looks yummy)...

is the website glitchy (ncl.com) or is it really available on all ships? I would buy one for myself and I'm going solo. It would be fun to have a St. Patrick's day cake in my cabin to munch on late at night. St. Pats is the second night of my sailing...what's the scoop?

I was looking at those cakes as well to order one for our anniversary on our upcoming Gem cruise, but there were no prices, and the website wouldn't let me order it.

I called NCL, and they apologized that the information is not accurate, and that those cakes are only available for folks to pre-order on the Breakaway or Getaway.

From what they said, you have to order at least 10 days before sailing. I didn't ask any more details since I couldn't order it on the Gem anyway.

Thank you for this...I'm sorry for my post above. I should have read further and more accurately. I appreciate your info.

:( that I can't order a St. Patrick's day cake...it looked so yummy!

I will post a link to your posting/info on that other thread so others don't get sidetracked by my "bad"...it really is my bad. Sorry!

I noticed most everything has fondant and fudge, does anyone know if buttercream and strawberries are an option? Unfortunately for us we are on the Epic which does not have the specialty bake shop. Thank you for whatever info you can provide!

I just got one of the party package cakes on the Breakaway (not a Carlo's cake) and there was not an option to choose when I ordered, but it came with buttercream frosting and a strawberry filling. There was some chocolate and strawberry garnish on the cake. It was yummy. :)