Disabled cabin 6101 costa mediterranea

poppiecat

We are going from hamburg to the norwegian fjords in june and i have 2 questions to ask first does anybody have any info on the disabled cabin 6101 please and also will the sea be calm at this time of year, we have never sailed on Costa before so if anyone has any tips about the ship i would be grateful.

Your cabin has cabin decks above and below, so it should be quiet, you may get some noise from the Sqouk (kids) club which is situated foreward on deck % (Orfeo). You may feel some ships movement (rolling) as the cabin is situated right at the sharp end.

Weather wise you should be OK, but one can never tell, storms can hit at anytime, ships try to avoid storms if they can

The Mediterranea is my favourite Costa ship, try the Afternoon Tea (not bad cuppa), if you want to get away from the crowds for a read, sleep or just watch the ocean go by try the winter gardens on deck 3 (Bacco). The winter gardens run round the outside of the theatre with entrances on both side of the theatre.

Have a great cruise.

Ron

thanks for the info Ron,i like to have a little me time while my hubby is off doing more energetic things around the ship,we normally cruise with Princess and last year we went on NCL but wasn't that impressed with it,you had to pay for lots of extras which I thought was out of order, hey my hubby will ok if they make a good cuppa !

we have never done the fjords before so really looking forward to it,from what I can gather the costa mediterranea is a lovely ship.

We had that cabin on a T/A. It is all the way forward and very inconvenient. There was a door delay and we could store the wheelchair in the room. BUT the room is ALL the way forward and the MDR is ALL the way aft. It seemed that I pushed her chair for miles each day.. My choice would be a stateroom more midships to save the old man some effort.

Good luck, she is a beautiful ship.

I have just changed our cabin to a premium balcony cabin on deck 8

Below you (deck 7 - Prometeo) are all cabins, so no problem. Deck 9 - Armonia is the Lido Deck, you may heard some noise when the crew move / drag the deck chairs while cleaning the deck.

What is your cabin no. I'll have alook to see exactly what is above you.

Ron

PS. Does it matter if there is some noise, after all you are on a cruise and on a very fine ship.:)