Life jackets for kids on breakaway

Luv2Cruise1980

They have child sized life jackets incase of an emergency and an abandon ship type thing has to be called. But they don't have ones just for you to use to swim or play in the ocean with.

What exactly are you needing or wanting a life jacket for?

Ask your room steward on Day 1 for child sized life jacket(s), they will get what you need. But, you will not want to use these for the pool or GSC, they are much too bulky. When are daughter was little we brought blow up floaties on board for her which did the trick. I hope you have a great time!

Ask your room steward on Day 1 for child sized life jacket(s), they will get what you need. But, you will not want to use these for the pool or GSC, they are much too bulky. When are daughter was little we brought blow up floaties on board for her which did the trick. I hope you have a great time!

I would not recommend a child being in the pool or ocean unless they can swim well without flotation devices, unless you are holding them.

Many knowledgeable "experts" feel that floaties are not safe at all.

If one must provide a safety device for children, please consider a real Coast Guard approved life vest. These are designed to keep their heads out of water.

Edited by bakerintn

We brought the kids their own lifevests last year when we cruised with RCCL. However it was too cold to go in the pool and we barely used them (left in march from NY). This time around we'll be leaving from NY once again but in April. Hoping the weather will cooperate and we'll be able to use the ships outdoor amenities. Even though i would NEVER leave my kids unattended, with no lifeguards on the ship and the latest incident that happened with NCL, still makes me worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app