Sapphire/ Mexican Rivera

chuibaca

We did this cruise last January on the Diamond Princess, and we loved it. The weather is cool on the first and last days, but the second sea day and all the days in port were warm, easily shorts weather.The seas were rough going back to LA, which I understand is pretty common. We had never been to that part of Mexico so we did a city tour in Puerto Vallarta, a private tour into the country side with Frank in Mazatlan, and we went whale watching on a zodiac in Cabo -- also did some sightseeing in all of the ports, of course. This is not really a shopping itinerary, and I hear the snorkeling is not as good as in the Caribbean. Here's a link to our webshots: http://community.webshots.com/user/cynbar101. I'd be glad to answer any specific questions you have --- I hear that the Sapphire is a twin to the Diamond.

We are going in March. We are planning to book with Frank too. I have

read many nice things about him.

We are also planning on whale watching in Cabo. This is part of our group's

first cruise, so I want it to be special for them.

I am also going to Mexico...I am going in Jan. I hope to swim with the dolphins in PV, and the whale watching in Cabo. I am undecided on what to do in Mazatlan. I have also heard great things about Frank's tours but how do I know what tours are his???

I htink that November is too early for the whales, if I remember correctly. There is a lot of info over on the Mexican Riviera section on the POrts of Call boards here , so that should tell you for sure. Re. Frank in Mazatlan, he is a private tour operator in Mazatlan who has a loyal following. We did his 7-hr Colonial Tour which took us up to villages in the Sierra Madre mountains, but I hear he also offers a city tour. His website is http://www.Mazatlan-Frank.com for more information. He fills up quickly, so don't delay if you're interested.

We are doing this cruise, leaving New Years Eve day. We planned to do Randis Happy Horses in the morning and an afternoon tour with Frank. We just need more people to go with us on Frank's tour to keep the cost down. So far, i haven't found any cc people going on this cruise. Still looking.

any info? port info, pictures, what not to do, what to do, wheather, etc???? :confused:

Yes we did it from San Francisco in October of 2004. I guess that is a little info....:D

Seriously, what type of info are you looking for?

Archived