Back from Glory

jabraham99

Just got back from the Glory today. We had a great time. This is our 22nd cruise on Carnival. My husband and I both agree things have changed. The food in the MDR was not good as well as the buffet. Guys Burgers was very good. We could tell that Carnival is cutting back on the extras such as entertainment. We could have a great time on any cruise, which we did, but next year will do Royal Carribean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was on this cruise as well and I agree. We haven't sailed carnival in over 3 years and the cutbacks are evident. While the ship was clean and the food was adequate, there wasn't anything that I thought was excellent. Most of us were not happy with the New American Table in the MDR. Some of us did not like not having a tablecloth and the service was slowwwwww....probably a cut back in wait staff. We liked the Guys Burgers, and we found that the bartenders at the Tequila Bar were the friendliest and provided the best service of anyone on the ship! VERY disappointed in the changes in the production shows. The Chinese juggler/comedian was very entertaining and we really enjoyed the magician as well, but missed the Las Vegas style productions. We were with a large group and still had a lot of fun but I think past cruisers will definitely notice changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also on this cruise and the entertainment was available but lacking in quality. The singers from the main shows to the two singer/guitarist were maybe a C-.:( Booking NCL for next cruise. The ports were great and so was the weather!

I am sorry to read both of these reports.

I really like Carnival, and I want to continue liking them, but I honestly think the cutbacks are pushing me to the edge. I am honestly sad to say that.

We were on the Glory two weeks ago.

Thought the new menu was fine even though substantially less choices.

Entertainment though was pathetic.

I thought the acoustic guitar player in the atrium was good. The duo wasn't bad, but they were so loud! This is my 5th time on this itinerary. Wish we were at mohageny bay longer. I understand we had to leave in order to be back in time, but it's beautiful there! Wish they would switch up the days. We had a lot of newbies and most of them rated it a 10+, so for us it's about the fun. Will be providing many comments on my survey!!

Yeah the cutbacks are so obvious. I would rather pay a little more for better food and entertainment

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Try Princess. I cruised the Royal Princess a couple months ago. The

Cruise and ship were amazing. Princess still has lots of live entertainment.

The food and choices of dining were the best I've experienced in a very

Long time. The productions show are about a half hour long like

Carnival, but they have a more Vegas feel to them. The service is a lot

More attentive on Princess than Carnival, not that I've had bad service

On Carnival. Princess just is more friendly. And the Royal Princess was

Just beautiful. One thing I like about Princess, the ships have a eatery

In the main lobby that is open 24 hours. Where you can get lots of good

Things. Carnival just has the Pizza joint open for late night munchies. I

Would give Princess a try if you are looking for a better cruise experience.

You will pay more, but I believe it's money well spent.

We were on this sailing as well. We didn't have a lot of problems with the menu, the Belize day, we thought was awful, and the 2nd sea day we went to the steakhouse because nothing looked good on that menu. Otherwise we all found food that we enjoyed. The comedians were awful, normally we will go see their 2nd day performances and we didn't repeat a single comedian once. Shows were lacking, it was just all the signing and nothing that really stood out. Dr. E was AWESOME though, I will say that much. If I was looking between two similar itineraries and he was the cruise director on one, I would pick that one.

Was on that cruise too and totally agree about the menus and food in MDR. Went one day and never went back. Service was horrible and so were the food choices. Found other things else where and never looked back!!

I sure do hope they don't keep these menus. They are terrible.

We were on this sailing as well. We didn't have a lot of problems with the menu, the Belize day, we thought was awful, and the 2nd sea day we went to the steakhouse because nothing looked good on that menu. Otherwise we all found food that we enjoyed. The comedians were awful, normally we will go see their 2nd day performances and we didn't repeat a single comedian once. Shows were lacking, it was just all the signing and nothing that really stood out. Dr. E was AWESOME though, I will say that much. If I was looking between two similar itineraries and he was the cruise director on one, I would pick that one.

Everyone's different..he drove us CRAZY with his constant singing!!!

Well going on the Glory in 25 days! Hopefully things will be smoothed out a little more. I did look at the menu's and am not a giant fan, BUT I am sure it will be okay. Editing to add that if the weather is good for the week I will be a happy girl all week!

Edited by wb3690

I have been in search of more reviews of the Glory since I am leaving in 86 days... These menus worry me since in the past I have really enjoyed the MDR. We are thinking about trying a different cruiseline next year or the end of this year if the food is as bad as what everyone is saying... but we will definitely make the best of it considering I will not be at work but will be relaxing and enjoying the sea...

Anything positive to enjoy about this ship.... LOL :)

I am really looking forward to it and am hoping that it isn't as bad as what everyone is saying...

Thanks so much though for your review and observations!!!! :D

***I really need the search feature back... LOL!***