Pro/Con Breezes vs RIU Palace Beach Resort

4ismine

My DH and I will be in Nassau on March 13 our port times are 11:00 to 8:00, I am currently looking at 2 all inclusive resorts and I am undecided which to choose. Just when I think I decided, I go and read another review and change my mind:confused: Help me to stop changing my mind... Thanks Lisa

Well for me it would be the just relaxing on the beach. The DH likes the idea of being able to do some water sports (motorized or non-motorized). Plus, I like the idea having the food options and drinks available. Thanks

My DH and I will be in Nassau on March 13 our port times are 11:00 to 8:00, I am currently looking at 2 all inclusive resorts and I am undecided which to choose. Just when I think I decided, I go and read another review and change my mind:confused: Help me to stop changing my mind... Thanks Lisa

Since your date is smack in the middle of Spring Break, Breezes will be just that.. A spring break frat party. If that's what you are looking for.. then Breezes is the place

If you are looking to relax a bit, with a little less party atmosphere, then the RIU would be a better choice.

Unfortunately, both day passes end at 5pm. So you have to figure that into the equation.

Neither of those placed will provide a relaxing beach environment. RIU is at Cabbage Beach - I went to the spa there last March and took a walk a outside to see the premises...always crowded, lots of spring breakers during that period, there is a beach bar there called the Naughty Pirate - plays loud music, plus the vendors. If you're looking for a more relaxing environment, Hilton ore Melia would be better choices that include food & beverage.

If you do want the lively party environment, I don't think there's a huge difference between the RIU and Breezes during that period - aside for location. Like CruisinCrow said, we'd need to know what kind of day you want to have to answer more definitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well for me it would be the just relaxing on the beach. The DH likes the idea of being able to do some water sports (motorized or non-motorized). Plus, I like the idea having the food options and drinks available. Thanks

Sounds like Hilton or Melia are the resorts you should be looking at since they offer food and beverage inclusive day passes. They both have non motorized equipment available at no additional charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To confuse you even more, there's also Sandals. I think that would be my recommendation for a relaxing, all-inclusive beach day with watersports. It is more pricey though. :)

Melia might work for you too. It has a very nice beach and non-motorized watersports. It's not all-inclusive but you can get lunch and drinks from the pool bar. There's also the Daq Shack next door.

We've been to RIU 3 times (we've done day passes twice and also stayed there for a weekend). It would be quieter around the pool than on the beach. The beach in front of the hotel is pretty crowded, but if you want to take a nice, long walk, it is calmer as you head away from Atlantis. However, the water can be too rough for swimming and there aren't any non-motorized watersports.

I would love to do Sandals, but the cost gets in the way:( Def. don't want the Spring break atmosphere. This is our first time away from our "rowdy" kids in 25 years..We for sure want relaxation:). I'm leaning towards Melia or RIU. I'm determined to make a decision and stick to you! Thanks for all the help the information has been great.