Can i move my bed next to the balcony??

dimiegirl

Just came off the Eclipse on Feb 8, 2014. We were a small group and had 3 cabins on Deck 8 (Vista). Cabin 8123 had it's bed near bath while 8129 & 8137 had their beds near the balcony. None of these cabins have either a diamond or a square on the deck plans. Cabin 8125, although not part of our group, had its' bed near the balcony. In our section of the ship every other room had the bed near the balcony.

No, not every bed-by-the-bath cabin can accommodate 3/4. It's just a way to pinpoint ONE cabin with the bed near the bath. Then you can just count along from there since every other cabin will have the bed by the bath. They ALL alternate--on every floor. Whether or not your specific cabin has dots, triangles or purple eyebrows is totally immaterial. Just find ONE cabin near you that is marked and count from there.

I'm not sure why this is so confusing, seems very straightforward. Every pair of cabins has one bed by the bath, one bed by the balcony. :rolleyes:

Edited by CathyCruises

No, not every bed-by-the-bath cabin can accommodate 3/4. It's just a way to pinpoint ONE cabin with the bed near the bath. Then you can just count along from there since every other cabin will have the bed by the bath. They ALL alternate--on every floor. Whether or not your specific cabin has dots, triangles or purple eyebrows is totally immaterial. Just find ONE cabin near you that is marked and count from there.

I'm not sure why this is so confusing, seems very straightforward. Every pair of cabins has one bed by the bath, one bed by the balcony. :rolleyes:

CathyCruises,

Maybe I'm missing something or misunderstood... you are saying that unlike what other posters have said, the triangles and squares have NO meaning but in the same breath you are saying to find ONE cabin that is marked and count from there.... if the markings mean NOTHING, how is one supposed to find ONE marked and count from there.... count from what? The marked room which means nothing?

I'm going to follow the advice of the posters who said the marked ones are near the bath, and from there I will count when I have a bank of unmarked ones... not holding anyone responsible if it doesn't work out that way..just seems to be how most posters feel that it works..

Just came off the Eclipse on Feb 8, 2014. We were a small group and had 3 cabins on Deck 8 (Vista). Cabin 8123 had it's bed near bath while 8129 & 8137 had their beds near the balcony. None of these cabins have either a diamond or a square on the deck plans. Cabin 8125, although not part of our group, had its' bed near the balcony. In our section of the ship every other room had the bed near the balcony.

Thanks rhblake for the information about your cabins,

It seems that from your information coupled with other's input is that once you find a room that is marked with triangle or square the next one will be bed by balcony..when there is several unmarked in a row, they still rotate..just need to count from the marked one, the marked one being bed by bath.. I think ive got it! Thanks again to all of those helpful comments and input! I hope to be able to return the favor one day:)

CathyCruises,

Maybe I'm missing something or misunderstood... you are saying that unlike what other posters have said, the triangles and squares have NO meaning but in the same breath you are saying to find ONE cabin that is marked and count from there.... if the markings mean NOTHING, how is one supposed to find ONE marked and count from there.... count from what? The marked room which means nothing?

I'm going to follow the advice of the posters who said the marked ones are near the bath, and from there I will count when I have a bank of unmarked ones... not holding anyone responsible if it doesn't work out that way..just seems to be how most posters feel that it works..

NO!!!!! That is NOT what I'm saying!! I was responding to the poster who said her cabin didn't have a triangle but had the bed by the bath. ARGGHHHHH!!!!

The marked ones ARE near the bath, but just because a cabin doesn't have a mark does not mean the bed is by the balcony!!!! You just need to find a marked cabin near yours, or above it, or below it, to use as an indicator, and then count every OTHER cabin from there to determine where the bed is.