Carnival Iced Tea

BTW, Don't forget to bring your own travel mug/sports bottle/or whatever you drink your tea in ... the tiny plastic tumblers don't hold an awful lot after you add the ice. They are slightly bigger than a juice glass, but smaller than an ice tea glass.

Guest Time2gocruzn

We were on the Miracle in March and (IMO) it was really bad...down right gross, lol. It tastes like it is made from concentrated tea mix that you are supposed to add water to. It tastes bitter and strong or something, like they didn't use enough water. On the bright side...it is good if you add water or lemonade to it. :)

We thought the lemonade and the fruit punch were really good.

Along the same lines as Tea Snob... when they bring you a pot of hot water for the tea, it IS something separate from the same pot they use for coffee, isn't it? Please tell me it is! I despise the taste of coffee in my tea!

Glad to know there is Splenda on board too!

Another suggestion is to bring some of the "cold brew" tea bags and you can make your own without having to call room service. I drink unsweetened tea though... can't stand sugar in it. I would say that if you can drink the tea that comes out of soda fountains, Nestea and the like, that you will be fine with the Carnival tea.

Okay, I'm from Mississippi and the tea on board the Conquest was, well....NOT TEA! Yes, I'm a tea snob and currently exiled to Ohio where there is no good tea. On the ship I tried adding lemonade to the iced tea, hoping it might improve the taste. Didn't work. I actually long for mint in my tea, but that's a whole other thread.

So, being that tea is vital, I fell back on plan b. I brought a quart rubbermaid drink container and a box of Luzianne tea (and copious amounts of sugar). I would call room service, get hot water, and make my own tea.

I need therapy.:)

Jim

I'm an iced tea drinker...and much like GC it's a southern sweet tea thing...although I live in Idaho now I spent most of my adult life in the south so I'm a picky person! I bring my own tea bags...Stash's Double Bergamont Earl Grey or Apricot....and one of those huge plastic mugs (44 oz) from the local gas station...I make a jug of it every morning...let it brew for a long time...and then have a second cup (my Carnival one that I purchase each cruise...okay, okay it's not an original souvenier but they're great in our travel trailer)which I use to add ice and drink alllllll day.

I don't enjoy the machine stuff....I think it was concocted by Mr. Yuck!!!

Okay, I'm from Mississippi and the tea on board the Conquest was, well....NOT TEA! Yes, I'm a tea snob and currently exiled to Ohio where there is no good tea. On the ship I tried adding lemonade to the iced tea, hoping it might improve the taste. Didn't work. I actually long for mint in my tea, but that's a whole other thread.

So, being that tea is vital, I fell back on plan b. I brought a quart rubbermaid drink container and a box of Luzianne tea (and copious amounts of sugar). I would call room service, get hot water, and make my own tea.

I need therapy.:)

Jim

Nope....it makes perfect sense to me! I never thought about getting hot water from room service...I always go to the Lido buffet....you're a good man...thanks for the suggestion! *L*

I think I wil stick to the Long Island type for my cruise :D

Seriously though, serving tea unsweetened is probably best. I am not from the south, and when I go south I find the iced tea there way way too sweet.

It may be a pain to make it sweeter after it is cooled, but it is much harder to get the sweet out of it.

As an aside, I once went to England and was told something about tea I will never forget.

"If the water does not boil, then it isnt tea, we are not sure what it is, but it isnt tea"

I think I wil stick to the Long Island type for my cruise :D

Seriously though, serving tea unsweetened is probably best. I am not from the south, and when I go south I find the iced tea there way way too sweet.

It may be a pain to make it sweeter after it is cooled, but it is much harder to get the sweet out of it.

As an aside, I once went to England and was told something about tea I will never forget.

"If the water does not boil, then it isnt tea, we are not sure what it is, but it isnt tea"

Most restaurants, in the south, have both sweet and unsweetened so generally it isn't an issue....mine iw sweetened but not sweet, if that makes sense...

My first hubby was a Brit...I make a decent pot of tea, if I do say so myself...but I'm not a coffee drinker so there you have it. Which is why I recommend bringing one's own tea and brewing it rather than the machine...

I'm a southerner too, but drink unsweetened. I'm a tea snob and the tea on Conquest is bad. The cold brew bags still taste like instant to me. In Nov. when I cruise on Conquest for the 3rd time, I'm going to bring Luziane bags and make my own. I just LIVE on tea (and wine).

I prefer unsweetened tea...but the tea on Carnival wasn't good...not at all. When I really wanted some, I mixed it with the lemonade...for the most part, I stuck with the foo-foos. They're always excellent!! :D

Archived